2 week old from TSC assorted bantam bin.

dekel18042

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 18, 2013
Pennsylvania

The one on the left upper and the single is the same bird. He or she has feathered legs and feet. The other is clean legged. Both came from the assorted bantam bin at TSC and are two weeks old. Any ideas on breed?

The feather legged bird does look like a Buff Brahma. The other looks like either a Welsummer or a Light Brown Leghorn.

The feather legged bird does look like a Buff Brahma. The other looks like either a Welsummer or a Light Brown Leghorn.
I would be absolutely positively thrilled with both a buff brahma and a welsumer. I was hoping I had at least one welsumer and thought with the eyeliner perhaps I did. I have some full sized welsumers and love everything about them including their egg color. My avatar is one of my welsumers. Not really familiar with the leghorns, but if this were a brown leghorn, wouldn't I be seeing a bit of a comb by now? At least I would have someone who lays white eggs.
Don't think I have any bantam Easter eggers as all the legs are yellowish.

I have one of these from TSC also. Maybe a Brahma bantam? Mine is just a couple of days old. I hope someone more familiar with bantams will weigh in.

Actually, that is a Porcelain d'Uccle.
x3

Back
Top Bottom