2 week old rooster's feetq

JakRat

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Dover
Hello,
I wrote a while ago about how "Little Dude" is doing alot better. He is, he has doubled his size, and his wound has healed. The only problem is is that he still cant walk as good as the others. I am not sure if this is a teenage boy like thing where they have to grow into their feet, but his feet look bigger than the others that are older than him and his toes sometimes curl up. He almost seems like he has balance problems. For instance when we put him on our wood floors he slides on the random pine shavings, but he can still move about. He sits more than I feel like he should, but he is getting to food and water and is moving about. I put him with the ladies because he seems to be lonely and they all are getting along well. I just dont know what to do about his feet.

thanks!

I would not let him walk on slippery surfaces.

People sometimes use cardboard and duct tape to flatten chick's toes out, or just two pieces of duct tape. I've never had to deal with this problem.

Great! I might try that. He isnt doing to bad, I just think he may be the forrest gump of the group. He is eatting alot (I can already tell that he weighs more than my chicks that are a week older than him). He seems to sit back on his rear more than on his center of gravity (if that makes sense) and his feet kinda curl back for that. Other than that he just seems a bit off balance but that might be because his wing feathers are growing a bit cadywompus... thank you for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom