2 Week Pics

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by mochicken, Jun 13, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I have been trying to post pics to update you all on my growing turkey "babies" lol. I removed the baby BSL chicken that I had with them because she needed to go back out with the chickens so then they turkey poults were screaming non stop lol, in the past I have put big stuffed animals in the coop with baby chicks to keep them quiet, I know its weird but trust me it works lol. I do not know if it is the size of the stuffed animal being bigger than them that makes them comfy or perhaps its just the extra company in the brooder but whatever it is it works lol.

Here are a couple pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    WOW !!! So cute! [​IMG] Is that the only one that you have?

I usually put stuffed animals in with them as well. Don't ya love the stuffed animals? [​IMG]

3. zekii

zekii Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    New Hampsha
    Very nice, I was mowing my field today, and saw a bird fly up breifly that looked just like your poult, so I must have some wild turkey poults hidden in the grass, I stopped mowing, will wait a couple weeks .. [​IMG]

4. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Yeah I actually have 3, one likes to get pictures taken more than others lol. Its hard to get the lil buggers to hold still at this age, they are too busy "exploring" everything lol, they are soooooooooooooo nosy, every time I move they are watching me lol.

5. turkeychickinny

turkeychickinny New Egg

Jun 22, 2011
    good idea about the stuffed animal. they don't peck it apart?

6. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    No they didnt peck it at all, in fact they thought the thing was their mommy lol. They slept on it and played with it but I never saw them bite it once, guess they dont bite their "mommy" even if it is a elephant lol

7. FarmerBoy24

FarmerBoy24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    Quote:What kind is that? I'm new with Turkeys?

8. mr.mc.

mr.mc. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Indiana
    [​IMG] baby pix! [​IMG]

9. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Farmerboy if you are asking what the turkeys are I am not 100% sure honestly, the person I got them from said Black Spanish but the BS babies are black so these are looking more like Bronze or Bronze Cross turkeys

10. FarmerGilland

FarmerGilland Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    On Top of the Mountain
    I'm new with turkeys too but it looks exactly like my standard bronze baby!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by