2 weeks bloody mucus poop

oceanviewchickens

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2021
I just got (5) 2 weeks old barred rock chicks 3 days ago. They are behaving normally! Eating, drinking, running around the brooder chirping and peeping.
I noticed this morning what appears to be a thick bloody poop and wasn’t sure if this is what coccidiosis looks like? (There appears to be maybe 3 of these in the brooder)
Please help me with any advice, I’m new to chickens and im am in a slight panic I might lose them.

Attachments

• 48B7697B-492B-4FE2-AAA3-E1D972D05599.jpeg
    48B7697B-492B-4FE2-AAA3-E1D972D05599.jpeg
    890.7 KB · Views: 20
I just got (5) 2 weeks old barred rock chicks 3 days ago. They are behaving normally! Eating, drinking, running around the brooder chirping and peeping.
I noticed this morning what appears to be a thick bloody poop and wasn’t sure if this is what coccidiosis looks like? (There appears to be maybe 3 of these in the brooder)
Please help me with any advice, I’m new to chickens and im am in a slight panic I might lose them.
Oh dear. This looks a bit like chicken diarrhea. I'm not sure what you can do, but I will do some research and figure it out.

Oh dear. This looks a bit like chicken diarrhea. I'm not sure what you can do, but I will do some research and figure it out.
ok, this does look like Coccidiosis.
1618406655146.png
Get some of this. It's called corid and it also comes in a powder. There is instructions on how much to put in your bird's water. You will find it at feed stores and farm stores.

Back
Top Bottom