2 White Leghorn pullets (both laying) FS in Central, Ark.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jarhead, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    Like it says 2 white leghorn pullets, both with big red floppy combs. These ladies hatched on August 18, 2008 and both have been with us since they were day olds. We handle all our chicks from day 1 several times a day, so these are very friendly girls. One of them like to ride on my shoe as I am doing chores in the backyard. The other thinks she is a lap dog. These would make nice friendly pets if you have children. One has been laying for 3 weeks, the other for 2 weeks. Both are laying 6 to 7 medium size eggs a week now, yolks are nice and dark. One lays early in the morning before they are let out for the day, the other jumps back in the coop around 1pm and lays, both are using the nest boxes. We are trying to cut the number of birds back a bit, since we are just in town backyard chicken keepers. They free range from about 8am until dark in our large backyard. We have been feeding Purina Layena to them for about a month now (started them on layer feed at 17 weeks). They also have access to free choice oyster shell (separate from feed). You can pick them up here or we can arrange to meet somewhere. I am willing to drive to meet someone who is not too far from town. We are in the Little Rock area. $15 each, or $25 for both - I would prefer they go together. It's tough to get rid of any of them, but we really need to.

Thanks for looking!

Here are pics of the 2 girls I took these this morning, they have been having fun in the cold rain [​IMG] One of them is filthy she took a dust bath (mud bath today!) before she went in the coop to lay [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. Jarhead

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    Lowering price - $10 each or $15 for the pair. I think we made the price too high.

3. BigByrd24

BigByrd24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2008
    S.E. Kansas
    I wish I was closer...[​IMG]

4. grandads

grandads Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2008
    do you ever come to fort smith?

5. Jarhead

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    My mother lives in Ft. Smith. We might be able to work something out to get them over there. It might be a couple of weeks before we come that way.

6. grandads

Nov 1, 2008
    just got back to your post if you sill have them and can get them here I'll take them.

7. Jarhead

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    Like I said it could be a couple of weeks or possibly more before we get over there. If I still have them when we do, I will send you an email seeing if you still want them.

8. grandads

Nov 1, 2008
    ok that will work.

9. Jarhead

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    These birds have are going to a nice new home this afternoon. Thanks to those who were interested.

10. lilbreeches

lilbreeches Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2009
    Delight, AR
    Ok so I am assuming you got these a new home. Have any more you are willing to part with. I am in SW Arkansas looking for some laying hens. Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by