2 wk old Frizzle - boy or girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LeeLeesFarm, Jun 4, 2008.

1. LeeLeesFarm

LeeLeesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    So. California

[​IMG]

Here is a photo of one of my meanest little chicks that I ordered ....

this is a white, frizzle, bantam cochin .... 2 weeks + 2 days old.

Because this one is one of the meanest AND has a larger comb, I'm guessing boy ....

Would anyone else like to comment ???
    Comb size mean anything in this photo?

I could upload another photo of a different chick, same age, same ship date, which has a smaller comb for you to see?

Thoughts,
    Lee

_________

2. DixieDame67

DixieDame67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Jonesbourgh Tennessee
    here is one of my frizzle chicks about 4 weeks i thought she was a hen, i have two more i think are roos , ill try to get better photos and post, yours looks like a hen to me

3. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    its awful early to tell espescially with frizzles but my guess is male (he just looks it).......As 4 u dixie........hen

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  4. DixieDame67

DixieDame67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Jonesbourgh Tennessee
    [​IMG] Good Morning i thought bf work i would try to get another frizzle photo on here, i think this one is a roo i do know his mother is an old english bantam, other photo black and white frizzle her mother is a SLW , notice this frizzle has no leg feathers but hes definitely frizzled photo does not do him justice of the unique feathering ...and like you said the 3 frizzles i have hatched , they are very fiesty and always the trouble makers and investigators of the crowd ....My Frizzle Roo is gentle and sweet , Good Luck with yours i just love frizzles [​IMG]

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Maybe the Frizzle gene carries an aggression gene.. LMAO I have a straight feathered cochin that carries the frizzle gene and she is the meanest thing! Just downright nasty! And gives the stink eye! Good luck with yours! I hope it's a pullet, if that's what you're hoping for [​IMG]

6. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    My bantam white cochin roo chick is not frizzled, but he looked like that at 2 weeks, and this at 4 weeks. You'll know soon!
    [​IMG]

7. LeeLeesFarm

LeeLeesFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    So. California
    _______

Warning: I have a dumb question to follow:

Coffeegirl78 said: My bantam white cochin roo chick is not frizzled, but he looked like that at 2 weeks, and this at 4 weeks. You'll know soon!

How will I know?
    Because the boy combs will be bigger than the girls
    or do I have to wait until they attemtp to crow !!! (I hate waiting til they crow !! By then I'm all attached and everything!) [​IMG]

Lee

________

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Well, that and it's sooooo red! [​IMG]

9. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    yeah- his waddle just turned very pink and started to grow fast. like in a week he went from nothing to the pic you see above. He did just crow yesterday too-he's 4 weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by