1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2 wk old SLW

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dinahmoe, Dec 21, 2009.

1. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    OF THE 3 ONE HAS A REDDER COMB AND IS OVERALL LIGHTER IN COLOR-JUST CURIOUS IF THAT IS AN INDICATOR AT THIS EARLY OF AN AGE.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THANKS

2. dappertophatter

dappertophatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    The Jersey Shore
    Oh yeah! Definite boy! (Hopefully that's what you wanted.)
    It's startling to see a great big red comb on a 2-wk old- I'm so used to working with Polish, who have hardly any combs 'til they're all grown up.[​IMG]

Edited because I can't spell [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Looks like you have a little roo there to me too. I LOVE my SLW rooster, he is such a sweetheart! (See avatar)

4. dinahmoe

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Thanks Guys!these Are My First Slw And I Think The Roosters Are Beautiful.i Plan On Keeping Him But That All Depends On His Personality.

BEAUTIFUL BOY ON YOUR AVATAR!

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Roo

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Thank you, I think so too. This is my favorite pic of him, excuse the bird netting...

[​IMG]

If yours is a boy I hope he is as nice as my Lacey (named that because he was supposed to be a she.)

7. dinahmoe

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    LOOK AT THAT TAIL!HE IS HANDSOM!
    I WOULD LOVE TO KEEP HIM:fl
    I AM STILL WAITING ON THAT SPECIAL ROOSTER-THE ONE THAT DOESN'T CHASE MY KIDS.THEY ALL SEEM NICE TILL MATURITY.

8. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    what a handsome roo there!

9. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Quote:How old are you kids and are they showing that they are scared? Just curious for future FYI. Don't have any poultry roos that chase anything but other roos. The game are fearless though and attack any thing that shows fear.

10. dinahmoe

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    I Have A 4yo And 1yo.i Have Had 4 Different Roosters(pure-leghern And Brown Egg Mixed)that We Raised From Babies.they Were All Fine Till They Started Fighting Over Who Was In Charge.my Son Is Not Scared Of Them.he Really Likes The Chickens.he Would Be Out Playing In The Sand Box And The Roosters Would Come Up And Start Flogging.they Would Come Up To Me In The Garden When I Was Bent Over Picking Veggies And That Puts Me At Eye Level.my Son Learned To Pick Up A Stick And Carry It With Him.(just For The Roosters).he Loves Sitting With And Holding The Hens.i Wouldn't Even Mine If The Roosters Ran Away From Us But Not At Us.i Like The Protection They Gave The Hens.i Will Keep Looking For The Right One.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by