2 year old female duck can't walk after drake overbred her

gusandsienna

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2021
Hello everyone, finally decided to join this community!

Turns out my 2 y.o. female duck can't walk after my heavy drake overbred her. This happened about a week ago, we found her inside their swimming pool, barely moving. Took her out and both have been separated since then.

She had some problems getting up that day, gave her some Meloxicam for about 5 days and got better, she can stand up now but won't walk. During the past three days we've noticed that she stands on her own feet (picture) and tries to walk but can't do it herself. She has been swimming and definitely use both of her legs to do so, but when trying to move on the ground she'll open her wings to keep balance (not sure how to post a video of her "walking" on here, sorry).

IMG_20211211_152021.jpg

Also, no eggs since then. She's eating and drinking enough but not as much as she used to. Also incorporated some brewer's yeast and vitamins on her diet. Is there anything else I can do to help her?

I would appreciate your advice, been calling different vets from my town, but everyone turns us down since they have no duck or poultry experience.

Btw, sorry if my English isn't the best

Back
Top Bottom