2 year old light Brahmin stopped laying

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jja315, Nov 17, 2013.

1. jja315

jja315 New Egg

Nov 17, 2013
    My 2 year old light Brahmin has stopped laying. She has lost weight and her poop is liquid. She stays by herself. She is weak too. Any suggestions?

2. farmtotable

farmtotable Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    My Coop
    Those symptoms could be from a lot of different factors... do you have a spot where you can isolate her? Whenever we have a chicken that looks like it's ailing, or is just acting "different", we put her in the master bedroom shower with a heat lamp, straw, food, and water. Just to put things in perspective (we're not crazy!), we're remodeling our master bath so the shower is unusable right now anyway, chickens aside. I put apple cider vinegar in the water, or if the chicken is really lethargic, one of those electrolyte/vitamin packets. It's not unusual to stop laying at this time of the year (unless you use a light in the coop), but the weight loss and diarrhea are concerning. Try putting her somewhere warm, dry, and safe, with some electrolyte water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by