2 young to tell??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stephanie1992, Nov 23, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

2 weeks old. from Frizzle cochin bantam eggs. Can tell its not Frizzled but is still a Cochin bantam. is it to young to know Gender???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i think it still has plenty of time to frizzle though...yes i would say its to young to tell right now. if i had to gander at a guess i would say pullet (going on how fast its feathering up)

3. stephanie1992

Quote:im hoping for a pullet. u think it can still get frizzle feathers?? i hope it does. its the only egg out of the frizzle eggs i ordered that was fertile and hatched. even if it dnt turn frizzled im still happy with it. hopfully its a pullet so i can keep it. in a few more weeks ill post new pics

4. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    ...I don't know that it will begin to frizzle out if it hasn't yet...mine (by sheer luck) is a frizzle as well. It's very first little wing tip feathers came in curly.

[​IMG]

5. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i have read that some frizzles show with their first feathers and others a bit later i just wouldnt give up hope. eaither way you still have the frizzle gene and i think you could breed s/he to someone else there and get at least one frizzle.

6. stephanie1992

Quote:ya i was thinking about doing that lol. and r bantams always this small?? it seems small to me. hasnt grown any since hatched. only differnce is the feathers coming in. should i be worried or is itnormal. ive never hatched a banty before

7. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  8. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    don't worry, they are growing...you see him/her every day. I didn't notice how big my girls had gotten until just recently. My little frizzle is still tiny, and appears to be about the same age as yours.

9. stephanie1992

lol ok. good i dont have to worry. ill post pics of it in a few weeks and maybe we can tell gender then. [​IMG]

10. cottagechick

cottagechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    Quote:ya i was thinking about doing that lol. and r bantams always this small?? it seems small to me. hasnt grown any since hatched. only differnce is the feathers coming in. should i be worried or is itnormal. ive never hatched a banty before

Take pictures of them every week or so...When you look back in three months you will be amazed. My little br bantam was the smalles and last to feather of any of them. Now she feels like she is twice as big when I pick her up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by