20/20 FDA sights one of the largest egg production companies

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jessicayarno, Nov 18, 2011.

1. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Even though the eggs were reported to be okay, I'm glad McDonald's is sticking to their morals and kicking the supplier to the curb for the right reasons.

2. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    McDonalds and morals in the same sentence? Well, hurrah for them. Now let's talk about their BEEF suppliers! DDD beef? Dead, dying, diseased? Yes!

If any of you have never watched "Supersize Me" you should pick it up and watch it. Frightening!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  3. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha every once in a while a person/company gets the chance to do something right and I'm glad they did.
    Hmmm the beef though.... Are you sure it's even real? [​IMG]

4. jessicayarno

jessicayarno Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    [​IMG] That little bit of an interview makes me wanna slap them though ... Of course they are gonna bring in cameras and try to disprove what those undercover videos show... Those undercover videos are showing exactly what goes on in practically every single egg farm that operates in the US and other countries... [​IMG]

5. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    Quote:Yup, after they have all employees working double time cleaning cages and removing any even possibly sick birds! Edited to add: Wonder what they would have said if they insisted on touring one of the other barns, NOT the "showplace"??

6. jessicayarno

jessicayarno Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Quote:Yup, after they have all employees working double time cleaning cages and removing any even possibly sick birds! Edited to add: Wonder what they would have said if they insisted on touring one of the other barns, NOT the "showplace"??

EXACTLY!! I have seen enough undercover videos to know it was all for "show"... that is not what those warehouses look like daily... grrrrrrrr

7. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Quote:Very ignorant statement. Also The "undercover" cameras show the worst possible, the "actual" cameras show the best possible.

8. HollyBird24

HollyBird24 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2011
    Manitoba, Canada
    Quote:Very ignorant statement. Also The "undercover" cameras show the worst possible, the "actual" cameras show the best possible.

So when viewing the videos, try to imagine something inbetween [​IMG]

9. HollyBird24

HollyBird24 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2011
    Manitoba, Canada
    Quote:I've been to several egg farms over the years, they don't look that bad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by