20+ Ancona Hatching Eggs- READY NOW!

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by learycow, Apr 4, 2012.

1. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I have about 22 pure Ancona eggs collected. The buyer backed out (they were supposed to be picked up last night). I don't have room in my incubator and don't want them to go to waste!
    I will mail them to the first person who pays! They will be safely packed to ship and mail anywhere. $20 for 22 eggs, $20 flat shipping rate for a total of $40 for at least 22 eggs (there may be an extra or two as I sometimes have a few hens that lay shorty before noon. I will check before I mail them. )
    Flock is NPIP certified, all my Anconas are black and white.

2. TheDuckLady

TheDuckLady Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2012
    I wish, I wish, I wish I could buy these from you. I'm trying to get rid of about 16 dozen mixed eggs myself though. Ancona are my favorite!!! I love them so very much! Good luck!

3. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Sure you don't want them?!!! These are pure, no mixes in this batch! And I am going to send more than I listed. I am getting tons daily and dont want too many to go to waste. But I will only send fresh ones, none older than 3 days.

4. TheDuckLady

TheDuckLady Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2012
    I spent all my "duck money" on 21 dozen at an auction last week, (when I HAD 4 working incubators) so i'm duck-buying-broke till next month. BTW, I know some people say the freshest eggs are best, but duck eggs should stay "hatchable" for about 2-3 weeks (and sometimes even more depending on the type ((Muscovy or mallard type))). Consider that ducks tend to lay 1 egg/day, and usually have from 14-28 eggs in a single clutch before they set on them. I have even hatched a couple that were in the nest for a month when mommy duck decided not to set. This being so, you may consider selling a couple "late" batches of eggs to people willing to buy. I know I prefer my eggs to set a week or so before sticking them in the incubator; shipped or not. Anyhow, if I do sell the rest of these eggs off, since I now only have 2 incubators working instead of 4, Ill let you know... i'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to buy some from you!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by