20 days to go and I am already packed!!! now to wait

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    ♪♫♫♪♪♫ I'm leavin on a jet plane and unfortunately I do know when I will be back again ♪♫♫♪♪♫

in 20 days I will be on vacation for 7 days... I am going back to Cuba hopefully we will have great weather this time. Last time we went (Jan 2010) we had record low temps so it was not all that fun.

I have my bags packed cause lets face it I will be in shorts and i was packing my summer stuff away tonight so I decided to pack for Cuba instead. One problem I am facing though is we are allowed 30kg (aprox 65LBS) per person in checked luggage. My bag is STUFFED!!!!! I cant get another thing in it... but I am not up to my weight yet. I need to figure out how to get 20 more lbs in my case. We bring a lot of treas and goodies for the people of Cuba because they do without so much. I think I am going to pick up a few of those space bags, you know the ones where you suck out all the air... I am going to see if they help me pack more.

has anyone ever used the space bags?

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Space bags are the shizzna [​IMG] I lurrrrves them! If in cuba please take pictures!!!!! Purty Purty Purty Paaaaaaaaaahplease! Us americans were banned from going there for so long now that its opened up a bit I haven't had the chance but dearly want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Heeeey! When are WE going?? [​IMG]

Yes, i think the space bags are pretty good..they really shrink things down..

5. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    Space bags are awesome, but if I pack my large suitcases with them, I'm over the weight limit before you know it. Ugh, I hate the airlines nowadays. I am thankful that next time we are flying dh is going with us. He is a platinum or whatever because he flies overseas frequently for work and it is hilarious how much they kiss his butt. Of course, when they are kissing my butt because I'm with him, that is just fine. [​IMG] They treat me like cattle when he's not around.

I'm sorry, but I think the whole US ban on travel to Cuba is ridiculous. Last time I checked I was a free woman and could go where I darn well pleased. (Of course, you can always fly to Central America then to Cuba. [​IMG] ) I think the politics are irrelevant. I don't appreciate my govt telling me I can't go somewhere.

Dar, I hope you have a great trip. [​IMG]

6. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Really neat you get to go there and cool pictures.....don't they have a weight limit on luggage? What is the temperature there this time of year? It looks nice in your last pictures....no shirts/swimming.

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

OHHH so many classic cars, so little road! Looks like a nice place to visit... if you aren't a coward who's afraid of being over water that is. [​IMG]

8. Surehatch

Surehatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:Enjoy, send us a postcard

9. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:I had my 8year old sitting on my suitcase to close it yesterday.. I am still 20lbs UNDER weight.. so I am thinking space bags...lol

I have know some people [​IMG] that come to Canada first spend a week here then fly out to Cuba too...

and as far as I know its not illegal for US citizens to go to Cuba.... you just cant spend any money there though...LOL and the crazy think is... we used our CC when we were there... and they (the tour group) had to charge our CC in US $... [​IMG] how wacked is that?

10. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:it was 4*C at night when we went last time but it went up to 15*C during the day.. there was only 2 days we could go swimming.. and we are crazy we will go swimming in 15*C weather...

Cuba is almost the same climate as Florida... they are about 2* difference (usually hotter) this past week the temp has been sitting around 25*C - 28*C

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by