20 gallons of hot sauce!!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Mibotsu, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    well i've been harvesting peppers ALL summer, i've gotten about 50 pablano's, 100ish white habeneros, 30 cayennes, some bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, pineapple and garlic

gonna take all that roast it off for about an hour or so at 425, top over racks, get some GOOOOOD color on there, put in a pot with chicken stock and let that thing simmer for about 18 hours.....i'll be posting photo's for updates.....

if its good i might mail some out [​IMG]

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG] I'm a HUGE fan of hot sauce!! [​IMG] You're going to send some to me...right? [​IMG] [​IMG]

~Aspen

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

That sounds so awesome!!! Can't wait to see the pics!! I never would've thought about raosting the peppers.. I like that idea, gonna have to try it myself [​IMG]

5. ChickenSnake

ChickenSnake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Montgomery County Texas
    Lets swap! Hot sauce for some home crochet!! [​IMG]

6. erinchelsea

erinchelsea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Webster City, IA
    Sweet!!!!

7. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:No, not sweet, HOT!!!! lol jk

Sounds yummy, my husband and DD love hot sauce. I can't handle it......thanks to my sister [​IMG]

8. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    holy crap had so much going on totally forgot about it, i do have the pics tho

i didn't ge tmuch while it was simmering, but i do have a list of what is in it, i'll try and get the photos up in the next day or so, so everyone can see whats up...and it turned out great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by