20 Quilt Blocks Finished and Ready to Assemble/ N. Ga. Mtns

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Aug 14, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Twenty 12.5" (completed size 12") quilt blocks, 100% cotton fabric. Each block has a different floral fabric in the corners. They can be arranged in any manner, with or without sashing--the arrangement on the floor is just for illustrative purposes. The pattern was called Thrifty, but I think this is what some call the Irish Chain pattern. So most of a quilt top is finished for you. All you have to either put sashing and borders or just assemble sash-less, then borders. A great start on a quilt top for you.

**there was an area rug under that assembly of blocks so some may look stretched, but they were only falling over the edge of the rug underneath, hence, not laying flat. They were all checked for size and squared up pretty well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Beautiful! I love the colors!

3. speckledhen

Thanks! I can't wait to see what someone does with them. I forgot to say that the centers of each block are in one of four different colors: pale yellow, yellowish-green, aqua, or rosy pink.

The reserve price is $2 apiece, totaling $40, which I think is fair for labor and fabric.

4. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    That would be the most beautiful cover for a little girl's bed- I hope someone jumps at this!

5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Me

6. speckledhen

[​IMG]

7. DuckLady

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Come on! Someone bid against me!

8. speckledhen

Um, Terrie, you're not supposed to ask folks to bid against you, m'dear.

but, thanks [​IMG]

9. DuckLady

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Well, these are worth more than $40.

10. speckledhen

I think so, Terrie. Fabric, plus labor of cutting and sewing and squaring up, well, I have to agree, but as they say in real estate, fair market value is what a buyer is willing to pay and what a seller is willing to sell for meeting up in the middle. I know times are tough all over, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by