20 wk old Silkie Mix...girl??

Cockerel based on those saddle feathers.
I'm personally going with cockerel...could be wrong though! No crowing yet, I assume? Any other roosters?

😂 okay phew! Silkies confuse me. I know with purebreds it takes longer to tell. Glad this is a mix so I can tell sooner. Glad it’s a boy. I woulda felt bad that I could have kept the other rooster if this one was a girl.

😂 okay phew! Silkies confuse me. I know with purebreds it takes longer to tell. Glad this is a mix so I can tell sooner. Glad it’s a boy. I woulda felt bad that I could have kept the other rooster if this one was a girl.
He's dumb.
I hope he recovers.

Looks like a Polish X Silkie cockerel to me. Look at the long and pointy saddle feathers.
I’m not sure what he was mixed with. I got the hatching eggs from a friend. And she doesn’t have any polish chickens that I know of 🤔

Unfortunately, he didn’t make it through the night 😭 I think the hawk coming down might have crushed his insides or something no idea. Because he couldn’t stand, wouldn’t even twitch his legs, they just dangled and flopped to whatever position I put him in. I kept him warm and gave him scrambled eggs and water (but he neither drank nor ate).

I’ve had roosters recover from hawk attacks before, but they were older and not small like him. He weighed about 2 lbs not much at all. I didn’t dissect him so no idea. He was so pretty too 😭

Back
Top Bottom