20 x 8 Office Trailer

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CrazyBirdLady, Apr 21, 2009.

1. CrazyBirdLady

CrazyBirdLady Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    Salem / Redgranite
    I'm not going to get my hopes up because it might be a complete wreck, but my husband found an enclosed 20x8 office trailer for sale for $400! [​IMG] We're going to go look at it tomorrow and, if it's decent enough for chicken coop material... I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend! I will post pics on my page IF we get it and when it's in progress. [​IMG]

2. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Sounds like a great deal! I love to see things reused or repurposed... If the basic structure is good, it will be a lovely coop!

3. Bantam Bodon

Bantam Bodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    I think i know exactly what youre talking about, and if its what im thinking about, that would make an AWESOME coop. With a little work of course.

4. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I got a construction shed, the one that sits a job sites, free, a little insulation, kicked out some mice and put on particle board walls. now we have a chick shed. works great, Hope your find is just as good [​IMG]

5. CrazyBirdLady

CrazyBirdLady Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2009
    Salem / Redgranite
    I'm not getting my hopes up... I'm not getting my hopes up... I'm not getting my hopes up... [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    As long as you don't have rot in the main supports you should be good to go, with mine the only problem was, the metal walls and the floor beams wore not flush,so we used that spray foam to fill the gapes and keep the mice out

7. chickachickadoo

chickachickadoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Oh, that would be too cool if it works! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

8. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    That could be a great find for $400 if it works out. You sure couldn't build one that size for the money. Good luck.

9. Im4dabirds

Im4dabirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Central Alabama
    I think I used ta work in there! Not really, but it does look like our jobsite trailers. It should make an awesome coop with a little work.

10. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    i can see that turning into a real nice setup.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by