20 years ago today...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mac in Wisco, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    I have twenty years in the Air Force as of today. I am now eligible to retire with pension and benefits.

I was just telling my two sons that 20 years ago at this hour, I was arriving at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX as an 18 year old kid getting yelled at under the bright lights outside of some dormitory.
    "Put down your bags!" "Pick up your bags!" "Put down your bags!" "What are you looking at Pyle!" Good times...

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Congrats and thank you!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    cool!..and congratulations!...and thanks for your service!..[​IMG]..

4. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Thank you for your service to our country and for us. I hope that your retirement is long, happy and healthy! Enjoy your new role! Dixie

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Congrats, I landed at Lackland June 2, 1981 and got put into the old Saudi Arabian wooden barracks while everyone else on the plane with me went to the nice concrete Dorms. I was Drum and Bugle Corps. Hope your retirement is long and happy, if you decide to take it now.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I thank you greatly from the bottom of my heart! I have a SIL in Iraq right now and worry about that youngster daily. THANK YOU!

7. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    [​IMG] ahhhh retirement. good for you!

8. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    Thank you and your family for the service to our country. Both my husband's family and mine were Air Force. Thank you!

9. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Quote:Why'd you change your picture Kate? I only recognize people by that picture to the left.

I have retirement orders for Oct 1 and will be on terminal leave in July. I took a promotion last year and had to sign a commitment for two years, so they have me until Oct 1st. After that, full time chicken farmer...

10. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by