1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2004 APHA Black Overo Trail mare and Used 16" Trophy roper saddle

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by christina_ski, Mar 28, 2009.

1. christina_ski

christina_ski Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2009
    Monett, MO
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onyx is now for sale as I do not have as much time as I had hoped for her and she is standing around doing nothing. She is an easy keeper, and is fat right now since shes just standing around as you can see, very sweet and excellent trail horse. She follows
    you around in the pasture and loves to be loved on. You can catch her anywhere, she can be a bit pushy on lead but once you show her who boss she is fine. Would make a nice horse for an experienced older youth or experienced adult. I am a very novice
    rider and I can ride/handle her no problems. She can be a bit unsure about riding by herself, but in a group of 2-3 horses she is as calm as can be. I have ridden her through thick woods, water, roads with traffic, near cattle, around dogs, up steep hills, in the
    middle of a dark field and much more. I have also rode her bareback once and she did very well. She has also been in an arena 3 times and she was a little snorty but did very
    well.

She can be a bit lazy when riding and takes her time to get anywhere but if get on her she will speed up. I think she could make a nice show mare for Western Pleasure with more training. When at a walk she keeps a nice even headset and slow walk. Her trots a bit bouncy but looks really pretty. And her canter is very smooth. She can be a bit sticky between trot and canter, but she just needs a more experienced rider and someone with more time to work with her.

She can flex both directions on the ground and in the saddle, and she can work in the round pen on and off lead and under saddle. She is also the right age to breed and is currently open, so can show her, breed her or ride her out on the trails!

She just got a new coggins in March 09 and is UTD on worming, vaccinations, teeth, and trimming. She is currently barefoot. She does have a scar on her chest from an accident from when she was younger, but it doesn't affect her in anyway. Can get more pics and videos if you are interested in Onyx, a good home is a must. She needs a job, she is too nice to stand around and just be a pet. Asking $2000 OBO

Also her saddle:

[​IMG]

~16" Used Roper Trophy Saddle~

Corriente Saddle Co

Comes complete with 36” brown wool lined girth,
    back cinch and the saddle rack if you want it too.

Says Tex’s Arena ACTRA Champion Header.
    Semi-QH Bars, floral design. Stored on saddle
    rack, in tack room. Would make a nice working or
    practice saddle. I have used a few times as a trail
    and working saddle, but since I am selling my only
    riding horse, it’s for sale too. A little dirty but in
    very good shape. Can get more pics and measurements if interested.

Asking $500 OBO Or will be willing to do full or partial trade on chicken coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by