1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2007 Frizzle National 10-27-07

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Mr. Ree, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Just letting yall know that I got the newsletter a few minutes ago from the National Frizzle Club of America and she has given the 2007 National to the Bluegrass Poultry & Rabbit Association. This is a club that I am a member of and has the largest number of birds entered in one show in the state of Ky. This is a great show and has an average of about 800 birds entered each fall. The show will be held October 27, 2007 and the Boyle Co Fair Grounds in Danville, Ky. If you need any further info contact Oscar Bailey at [email protected] or 859-369-7065. I may have got his email address wrong, I will check my address book and see and if so will update it at a later time.

~Casey

2. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    [​IMG] COOL! Casey, this is a possibility! Kentucky isn't THAT far! [​IMG]

3. Mr. Ree

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Carole, tell everyone you know that raises Frizzles of any breed to bring them to show if they can. I am friends with the VP of this club and he called me today and we are going to try and make this the best Frizzle National in years. I tryed calling Shari but she was busy so I will tell her at a later time. I think we are even going to mention to Glenda that we will be willing to take over the NFCOA if it is something that she wants to do. Just let everyone you can know about this National and post it at the other BYC for others to know about.

~Casey

4. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Okay- done! I think you should take it over! [​IMG]

Remember at the Crossroads show, nobody was there to represent the club. I thought that was a real bummer! At least if you did- things would get done!

5. Mr. Ree

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    I have to call Oscar back and see what she says, but we have our fingers crossed that she will be willing to let someone else take it over, and it means that I will be able to attend more shows. YAY!

~Casey

6. RoyalHillsLLC

RoyalHillsLLC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    NW Louisiana-Vivian
    Carole,
    I am curious. I think it would be fun to setup a website of my "minifarm". How much work is it and what does it cost to keep one online? What has been your experience?

7. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Royal,

I went to Picturetrail because it's free! [​IMG] You can click on my homepage, and look up at the top for the Picturetrail site. From there, you can sign up, and then you do it yourself. Its pretty easy, once you figure it out.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by