1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2008 AQHA Golden Palomino colt- Missouri- trades?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Cason, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Cason

Cason Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, make me an offer! Or what do you have for trading?

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] I really wish i could have this beautiful baby. I have always wanted a Palomino. Hope he finds a very good home for Christmas

3. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    The horse market is overloaed with mediocre horses for sale, with the down economy many many horses are not moving. Sadly as a horse rescue I was offered 44 since THanksgiving week! There are weanling and yearlings, some registered going through the auction house and feedlot for $35-60 a head. Its really really sad [​IMG] I hope you can keep him if you can't sell him he will be a cute boy.

4. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    oh my gosh, just what I always wanted seriously!!!
    I wish I was closer, I would take him in a heartbeat!!!!
    he is beautiful!!!!
    do you deliver???

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  5. Cason

I know all ~ the horse market [​IMG] No problems keeping him- I have over 300 acres, and my SIL can always use another rope horse.

6. Quote:I can not believe what has happened to the market. People are just going to have to stop breeding all together. The process of AI darn near destroyed the high end market. We got out of the horse business 4 years ago and we took a punishing even then.

The wife kept ONE horse and now we could not give her away. She is push button with two glass eyes and of top on it all a beautiful medicine hat. We have a few freinds that tell us people are calling them and asking if they could drop thier horses off on thier property. No one wants to feed for the winter. We all hope this will get better, at least some in the spring.

I went to the local auction and sold one of our minis we no longer wanted (he is ~ 2 inches too tall and we did not want to spend money on registering him, we only keep class A). I got more money for the mini than people were getting for BROKE, PAPERED and CUTE mares and geldings. It was just pathetic. We had a lady from the local riding stables bring us a horse for a ccmpanion for our mare. She told us to keep 'em cuase she could not sell 'em.

Heck, you can buy Lamas and Alpacas CHEAP here. They used to cost a fortune and many are registered or have babies with them and pregnant for next year !!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2008
  7. Cason

Yeah I got mostly 'out' when prices were still high- but I saw this coming. Down to 6 broodmares - from 38.

8. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Wow how sad to see. Someone showed up and tied 6 horses to my friends gate on Wed morning. [​IMG] Some were sick with upper REsp too. What a MESS!

9. Cason

Yep, it's a mess allright.. and 'they're' starting on chickens next.. already have one foot in the door, re: California- prop. 2 (I think it was)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by