2008 Indiana Chickenstock <JUNE 8>

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Carole AM, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  2. Yardegg

Yardegg Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
    Parke County, Indiana
    [​IMG] I'd be interested in learning more about Indiana Chickenstock. I'm a newbie on this forum, so forgive me for my lack of knowledge.

Yardegg

3. Betsy

Betsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northeast Indiana
    Thanks for the info, Carole. I never go to the old BYC board. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it, though-depends on whether or not I can afford the gas to come.

4. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    We are having it at the Golden Horseshoe Saddle Club grounds, near Knox, Indiana. They have a swap meet on June 8, and we are thinking about having Chickenstock the same day so more people can come!

"Chicken stock is where a bunch of BYC'ers & others get together and celebrate.... what else chickens. We all bring a covered dish and some donate items for a raffle. Some bring birds to trade and some just buy birds to take home with them. We do a gift exchange also. It is a great time. I have not missed one yet and this will be the 4th year for it. There have been BYC members from Michigan, Illinois, Nebraska. Check out the threads from last years and you will see. All are welcome."

There is a building with bathrooms at one end, a 20x20 room and a 20x20?pavilion extension. And plenty enough room for parking (it's 5 acres)
    So, we have water, a grill, tables and chairs, shade, toilets and plenty of room...It's not luxurious, but it'll work.

Here's a link about the swap. (I couldn't get it to copy)
    http://backyardchickens.yuku.com/topic/1363

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  5. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    * bump*

We have around 30 people signed up for this on the other board! Please come.

6. funnyfarm

funnyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG] I will be there can't wait hope to find some nice geese and chickens

7. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    I'll be there [​IMG] Northern Indiana sounds great. Where is Knox? Do people bring just chickens is there our poultry and items for sale? Krista

8. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I was wondering where Knox is also.
    If anyone from my area wants to carpool That would be great!!!
    Im in Southern Indiana, close to Louisville Ky. If anyone might want to meet somewhere and ride together it might be a lot of fun.

9. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
  10. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd like to go, I'll probably need reminded closer to the date though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by