~2010 Christmas Countdown!~

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Nov 6, 2010.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! [​IMG]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It's nearly that time again; time for crazy sales and hectic shopping for Christmas gifts, time to reconnect with relatives, time for lights and decorations, time for holiday songs and treats, and time for the 2010 year to come to a closing, as hard as it may be to believe.
    Well, it's almost that time, anyway. Until then, here is the countdown to when that time comes! Lets get in the Christmas spirit early this year and countdown to December 25th, 2010! [​IMG]
    What are your plans for this holiday season? What do you like best about this time of the year? What are some of the fun traditions you do? When do you usually put up your Christmas tree? What are some of your favorite holiday songs? Do your chickens ever play a role in the holiday festivities? Etc...etc...etc...
    Feel free to post pictures of your holiday decorations or anything else that goes with the holiday theme!

Have fun and Happy Holidays! [​IMG]
    Merry Christmas from Ivory the rooster! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

* Merry * * *
    * *Christmas! *
    * * _|_|_ * *
    * * (-.-) * * *
    * ---(__)--- * *
    * * (___) * * *
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -by 77horses
    ---------------------------------------
    *Countdown to Christmas: 0 days/0 hours left!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! [​IMG]
    (Track Santa as he journeys around the world here: http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html)

---------------------------------------
    *Some websites to help you get in the holiday spirit:
    http://snowdays.popularfront.com
    http://www.noradsanta.org

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  2. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    We have a yearly party and label it "ThanksMas"

It's the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas that everyone's going nuts and needs a little down time...

Our tree is up and we have a selection of thoughtful (but cheap) gifts for our friends and family to choose from in a raffle. Tons of food...(usually what we've harvested from the garden or our property)

DH does all the cooking and we send everyone home with a scrumptious doggie bag

The chickens stay in their coop but they certainly contribute to our festivities with their eggs...in the form of deviled eggs....some sort of salad or pickling...

We love having ones that are near and dear to our hearts share our "in-between" Holiday with us.

That reminds me...I better get on the stick and start making some candy!

3. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    i allways alone, my brothers n sisters dont talk to me anymore for the last 25 yrs and last year they didnot send a card or a present to their own mother.
    so i come very bitter, but i lie to my mother and buy presents for her from her grandchildren n my brother n sisters.
    my hubby n my daughter I have a quiet christmas,

but all of you have a wonderful holiday

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    I usually put up the tree sometime after Thanksgiving. Although last year, it was put up on Christmas Eve night because we were very busy with moving right around Christmas time. [​IMG]
    We plan on going to a soup kitchen again this year the day before Thanksgiving to serve food to the less fortunate people. [​IMG] It's always good to receive gifts every year, but it's even better to give gifts to others, especially those who are less unfortunate and may not get very much this year.
    For the chickens, I like to buy them all a huge tub of plain yogurt because they love it so much! [​IMG] I will even wrap it and bring it out to their coop on Christmas morning and let them unwrap it (with a lot of assistance on their part, of course... [​IMG]). I've always wanted to take their eggs and create Christmas tree ornaments with them somehow, too. [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, and call me crazy but I'm also planning on putting some Christmas lights on the chicken coops this year! [​IMG]

6. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    I usually have the majority of my shopping done by now but money's tight so I haven't really gotten started. Most of my family ends up getting food: Michigan maple syrup, Traverse City wines, chocolates made by DH's friend's wife

I did buy some locally made soy candles and some soaps from RockyToggRanch on here [​IMG]

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

8. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Mmmm....To be honest, I'm not sure. [​IMG] I'm not too good with recognizing good brands of certain products.

9. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    By the way...PineappleMama, this is completely random, but I just now was looking at your avatar and got what it meant! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Just thought I'd let you know. [​IMG]

10. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah... I was wondering why the frisbee seemed to be getting bigger and then it hit me. [​IMG]

I love jokes like that... I do my Hallow's punkin in a pi every year... this year's best 'guess' was "OHHH look at the upside down smiley face"... last year's winner was "Ohhh how cool it's BERT!" Ironically it's usually the kids that recognize what it is and snicker.... but now and then a kindred (dork) spirit lets out with one and makes my day. [​IMG]

I'm not much for brands either... hence begging advice. The old school toons though, KNOW the kiddos love those so that'd be a bonus thing I could wrap up. $30 doesn't seem like much... but that usually means 1 A great deal, grab it... or 2 A piece of junk.... just trying to figure which way the wind's blowing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by