2010 young IB peapics

Steve_of_sandspoultry

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
Finally took the camera out with us and got some of this years hatch.

814youngIB3.jpg

814youngIB-1.jpg

814youngIB2.jpg

And here is the white pea's since we moved them

814whitepeas.jpg

Steve

They're beautiful, congratulations on them
big_smile.png

I am still learning about peafowl... what genders are the IB ones pictured? Boy, girl, girl? I am still so uncertain about recognizing the differences, so I'm probably totally wrong XD

You have chickens with your peas??? (said by the person that has a chicken hen raising a lone peachick... chicken is heat + company). From what I understand, it's risky?

I think it's a risk to raise them with chickens that are carrying certain diseases... if everyone is wormed and cared for properly, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I could be very wrong though.

There are alot of different methods of raising them. At hatch we raise turkeys and pea's together since they eat the same food a medicated 28% game bird starter. After they get older and we drop the protien level in the feed back to 20% they often go back together with chickens or guinea keets. The only ones we always raise seperate is waterfowl and that's because they sling water everywhere. They can pass disease but have never had any problems with it. One thing I do is for each batch of birds in the maturnity pen is put a layer of fresh "virgin if you will" sand down. Most of the issues they have is transmitted via the soil so if the soil has never had birds on it.....

Steve

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom