2011 Chicken Order:D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by farmgirl1995, Dec 13, 2010.

1. farmgirl1995

farmgirl1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Georgia:)
    I will be placing two orders again this year with two different hatcheries.
    Ideal:
    5 gray silkies
    5 red silkies
    5 black silkies
    5 white silkies
    5 partridge silkies
    pilgrim geese pair
    3 spangled russian orloff pullets
    1 spangled russian orloff cockerel

I also had on my list a rouen duck pair and a broad breasted bronze male turkey.
    I'm not keen on the idea of building so many different coops so we'll just have to see how it goes. I probably will end up getting the turkey and the duckies though, hehe. [​IMG]

McMurray:
    25 araucana/americana pullets
    5 light brahma pullets
    5 buff orpington pullets
    2 salmon faverolles pullets
    1 salmon faverolles cockerel

My original plan was to just order 25 White Cochin pullets from McMurray and not get anything from Ideal but now that I have a job and I'm making enough I figured I'd go ahead and go a little crazy...You can never have enough chickens....right..? [​IMG]
    Also its 116 bucks to get 25 white cochin pullets from McMurray and its only 70.75 to get them from Ideal. Ideal sound like a deal. Does anyone have cochins from Ideal?

Heeheeeeee.......I've also gone a little bit further and decided that I might as well go bator crazy while schools out this summer. Wish me luck. [​IMG]

Whats on yall's lists?

[​IMG]

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Nothing but wishes here... stupid Arlington codes.

Congrats on your great flock though... and be sure and take lots and lots of pics so we can live vicariously!

3. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    I know a lot who have good and bad things to say about Ideal, and its the same with me, but I shall be grateful for the 7 Cochins I got from Ideal, as my first batch of 'pet birds'. Here are some of my Ideal Cochins.

This is Ashley. As you can see, he has bright yellow feet, bright orange eyes, shiny blackish blue feathers, and a good type. I think he isn't show quality Cochin bantam std, but he is strikingly beautiful as a pet bird. He isn't show quality, but for a hatchery bird, I think he's fabulous.
    [​IMG]

Ivory is a white Cochin bantam pullet. She also has great bright yellow feet, and good type.
    [​IMG]

A pair of Cochins, Smokey (blue Cochin cockerel) and Ebony, a black cochin pullet
    [​IMG]

4. ajaldridge

ajaldridge Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2010
    FORSYTH, GA
    I have plans to build at least one more chicken coop this summer after I am done with the one I am working on now. Not sure what all I am getting yet but my adorable son has already talked me into thinking about silkies and lavender orpingtons. If he gets his way we'll have to go and buy more land just to hold all his chickens!!! [​IMG]

5. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    I have an order from McMurrey coming Feb. 6th.. my first -
    2 Partridge Rock Pullets
    4 Speckled Sussex Pullets and a roo
    2 Red Star Pullets
    2 Rhode Island Red Pullets
    4 Barred Rock Pullets and a roo
    2 Light Brahama Pullets and a roo
    2 White Orpington Pullets
    2 Delaware Pullets
    2 Buff Orpington Pullets
    they include a "bonus chick" which I am sure will be a roo.. just hoping it is a stardard chick.. not a bantam as I don't have any bantams right now.

This order was BEFORE I remembered I had an incubator..lol.. so now I have 11 Buff Orpington eggs on lock down - due the 16/17.. and some Blue Laced Wyndottes, Blue/Splash Marans, and Blue Orpingtons due to hatch on the 22nd.

Needless to say.. I shall be overrunneth with fuzzy butts for the next few months.. can't think of a better way to pass the winter!

Mine will free range and are locked up at night.. plans to expand the coop are already cooking!!

Shelly

6. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010
    Quote:I think they're absolutely gorgeous. Wonderful pictures:)

7. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010
    Quote:

8. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010
    Quote:Haha awh how sweet. I've been really wanting some lavender orpingtons. Let me know how it goes

9. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010
    Quote:
    Incubators can be dangerous things...[​IMG] Good luck wiff your new babieees. Barred Rocks are the best
    haha oops

10. farmgirl1995

Sep 8, 2010
    Quote:Nothing but wishes here... stupid Arlington codes.

Congrats on your great flock though... and be sure and take lots and lots of pics so we can live vicariously!

Oh no:( Thats not good. I'll put up pics

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by