2011 LAYING SEASON has arrived!!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by SamG347, Mar 17, 2011.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Well got my first 2 eggs from the pheasant pen today...guess the sunny 70 degree weather has the girls in the mood! Can't wait till their eggs get bigger and I can set my first batch to test fertility!
    Guess spring has sprung here...bees were bringing in pollen today as well!
    [​IMG]

2. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Sweet! What kind Sam [​IMG] Shawn

3. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    saw my first eggs last week, then today found the turkey's nest with four eggs already in that.

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:THEY CAN BE PRETTY SNEAKY FOR A BIG GALS HUH? [​IMG]

5. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Shawn these are out of my Buff/Red Buff pen...Melanistic hen laid these!! Also got the duck pond cleaned and filled back up for the beginning of the year...hopefully the pairs will start breeding more with the larger water now.
    [​IMG]

6. Humhill

Humhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Liberty, NC
    No eggs here yet. But I just moved them to their new pen a couple weeks ago, so they're probably pretty ticked with me.

7. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    Quote:THEY CAN BE PRETTY SNEAKY FOR A BIG GALS HUH? [​IMG]

Yes, mine free range, so sometimes I don't see them until they hatch! This is my black mottled hen, running with a rp tom, so I am really curious what I will get. I saw when I was getting hay out of the barn a dish shapped spot on top of hay, looked but didn't see anything, then yesterday I looked and saw an egg, that at first thought must be from a chicken, I have never seen a turkey in that barn! Then saw it was a turkey egg, an buried under some loose hay she had four of them. She will be safe from almost everything in there, so I am glad she nested there, but I will have to take hay from the other side for now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by