2011 - New egg swapping thread for a New Year

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by smoothmule, Jan 2, 2011.

1. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    I thought I'd begin a new thread for this year to post hatching eggs to trade. I didn't get to get do any trading last year because I didn't have enough to trade and wasn't sure about shipping. I've had eggs shipped to me wrapped in bubble wrap to loads of paper to even a box stuffed with damp moss/pine shavings so if I can hatch some of those eggs, I surely can ship some too.

So here are the rules, break em if you want [​IMG] but I think the other thread was right on, just post a list of what you have to swap and a list of what you want. I thought that a half dozen would be a good number for some since many people, like myself, do not have a great volume of anyone breed so mine may be 3 or 4 days to get a dozen fresh eggs gathered. But, the hatch rate for shipped eggs "can" be pretty poor so a dozen might make the odds better. So no rules on how many. This is a fun thread so the trading should be even up, a dozen for a dozen eggs. You can even mix them up or all one breed, it's all for fun and maybe a few of us will find another "favorite breed".

As before, please PM each other. Save this thread just for posting your haves list and wanted list. I know many of us will not have eggs to trade for another month or more but we can still make contact and plan for the trades.

What I have to swap - PM for photo's and information

Serama's
    Araucana (large fowl)
    Olive Egger (not from Olive egg layers, these will be eggs from my Maran hens and Araucana roosters but will produce olive eggers)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What I would love to have:

Araucana's (more large fowl)
    Standard Cochins (Partridge, GL, Brown/Red)
    Silkies

2. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    That's a really cool idea!!!! I have some EE's, mixed cochins, Just some mixed pets but they make very interesting colors. I will take pictures of the adults. and then post them here. give me a few minutes l

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  3. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Have: Buff Orpingtons (producing now), Blue/Red EEs ( on break) and Black Copper Marans X Blue EE Roo (Getting Ready to produce) and 1 Lavender Orp. pair ( getting ready to produce) will have a couple more Lavs later.

Want: Delewares
    Gold Laced Cochins
    Blue Orpingtons

4. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    Brandibaby23,
    Please follow the rules....[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Post what you have And what you want, even if you want to say any breed or mixed breeds.

6. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Have:
    SQ Black Cayugas Ducks
    Trio Of Chocolate Muscovys
    Muscovys -Blue pied, Black pied and White
    Mixed ducks- Call Drake and Pekin Drake over Crested Blue Swidish hen and Cayuga mixed hen
    Delaware-Hatchery Stock
    Silver Campine-Non hatchery
    BLRW/ Std Cochins- Spalsh BLRW Rooster over BLRW hens-Blue and Spalsh and Std Cochin Hens- Blue, Black, Barred
    Reeves Pheasants
    Ringneck Pheasants
    Yellow Golden Pheasants
    Button Quail- Tuxdeo
    Guineas-White, Self Blue, Self Blue Pied, Grey Pied, Purple, and 2 Greys

Want:
    Standard Cochins-Spalsh, Blue, Black, and Golden Laced
    Bantam Cochins- Mille, buff, Buff Barred, and mottled
    SQ Black Cayugas-Add new Blood lines
    Red Golden Pheasants
    BLRW-Foleys or Pauls line
    Seramas Any Size
    Call Duck any Color
    Guineas-any color but greys
    Or Make me an offer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. renegaderidgefarm

renegaderidgefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2009
    South Carolina
    I need Cochin Bantam Eggs of any color (combinations welcome too)

I have Barred Rocks, Cochin Bantams (Buff, Blue, Splash), Silkies (Partridge, Blue, Cuckoo), Sizzles (Blue, Splash, Barred).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by