2013 Pigeons/Doves at Chicken Swaps in NH/MA?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by zumzumfoxy, Jan 13, 2013.

1. zumzumfoxy

zumzumfoxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Hello, everyone. :)

We are looking to buy a male & female pair, very young if possible to maximize training/interaction/bonding/etc, of fancy pigeons. Preferably an archangel or fantail pair, or any male/female of unusual coloring. Do any of you who happen to breed pigeons/doves plan to be at a 2013 chicken swap? Last year in Milford, NH, there was a vendor who had amazingly lovely birds, including one cinnamon iridescent fantail pigeon.

Thank you!!

2. Hokum Coco

Hokum Coco Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2012
    New Brunswick,Canada
    You might try Larrylofts he is on this form. He has the nicest fantail I ever saw in quite some time. Sounds a lot like the one you just described.

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    The Northeastern Avricultural Society(NAS) meets the first sun of every month in Westford,Ma at the Westford Sportsmens Club on West Rd.It starts at 8;00 am.Go to www.neasociety.com for info.There are always tons of pigeons there and many types of doves.You need to be a member to sell and they'd like everyone that buys to be a member also,but I don't think the voting is over on the buyers part.They do not meet in July and August because of the heat.
    The meeting in Feb is on the 10th not the 3rd.
    Other meeting dates are;
    2/10
    3/3
    4/7
    5/5
    6/2
    7 none
    8 none
    9/8
    10/6
    11/3
    12/1
    In N.H.,Tony.

4. zumzumfoxy

zumzumfoxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Hello;

@Hokum: Thank you so much for the referral! :) I'll scope him out.

@Tony: A friend of mine bought her pigeon and doves last year from there and highly recommends it too. I was just reading up on the page about the possible member fee in order to buy/sell the birds, but it's not that big a deal to me. :) Thank you for the date! I'll be sure to request that day off at work so I can get there. So excited!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by