2013 = Start of a new flock

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chicknhawaii, Feb 1, 2013.

1. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone remembers me, it's been over a year I think, since I've been on here. It took me a couple of years to get over the loss of Sienna, Tallulah & Chick-Chick & I didn't think I'd take on anymore backyard hens again. I took in a rescue bantam chick but she's turned mean on us (ok, just my daughter & I, don't know what that's about).

My kids were asking for more chicks & I was thinking we could get back into the egg thing, tired of store-bought that just doesn't measure up in size & taste. Last night I heard there's a bill here proposing the hen limit per household be changed from 2 hens to 7. I instantly got excited. Went to Asagi Hatchery today b/c they announced their next hatch would be end of February & guess what...they had chicks in already. [​IMG] It has to be fate lol.

So we now have 2 new additions to our "farm", a Production Red and a White Leghorn - my avatar pic. Wish us luck hehehehe.

2. hawthornechix

hawthornechix New Egg

Jan 25, 2013
    North Texas
    I'm new here too, but welcome back! Your chicks are adorable :) Good luck!

3. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    Thank you & welcome to you too! [​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Welcome back!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by