2013 TSC in Indy - What Breed are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Thunder Chicken, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chirping

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    [​IMG]

Can anyone tell me what breeds these are? I bought four brown and 2 white at TSC in Greenwood, IN at the end of March. I think they said the white ones are Leghorn but not sure. I have looked at pictures her and the brown one looks like Red Sex-link to me but I have no idea what that means, lol. If you need more pictures, let me know and I will happily take more at any angle you need.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Yes, the red one is a red sex-link. They go by different names...Red Stars, Cinnamon Queens, Gold Comets. Generally they are a cross between a Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire Red rooster and a white hen...a Delaware for instance. They are great birds!!

3. dandrews1971

dandrews1971 Songster

Youre correct. red sex link & leghorn. Sex links are essentially a cross breed. I think Red sex-links are a cross between a Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire rooster and a White Rock

4. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chirping

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for your replies. When I saw the list of breeds it looked like hundreds and some looked the same to me. I am sure they didn't call them sex-links at the store. Now it makes sense to me.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Red sex link and white leghorn.

6. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chirping

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It turns out the the white ones are not Leghorns. I started getting brown eggs and did some more searching. Mine have red ear lobes and look more like White Plymouth Rocks now.

7. Delawaremommy

Delawaremommy Songster

May 11, 2013
    TSC sells red sexlinks, comets and rocks.....sometimes at Rural king you can get black sexlinks or easter eggers

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: