1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

2014 Florida Sunshine Classic January 11th and 12th

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by 911randal, Nov 11, 2013.

1. 911randal

911randal Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2008
    Sanderson,Fl.
    It Time again to start making plans to attend the Florida Sunshine Classic in Lake City , Florida. Our show dates are Jan 11th and 12th. We are hoping to build our Youth Show . We are now sanctioned with the ABA / APA Youth Program and will be holding a sanctioned Showmanship show as the youth club members can earn points toward awards. We have acquired numerous poultry related Items to be given as awards and also some that will be auctioned off with proceeds going towards future shows. Also we will be having a Breeders Auction that will be open to The Youth Only we have several Breeder Trios and Pairs donated. We are still accepting donations of breeder birds and poultry related items for the auction. We are proud to that Cackle Hatchery has come on board and will be sponsoring our Youth Show and Central States Enterprises will be sponsoring our Open Show. Contact info for the show Danny or Norma Padgett ( Show Secretary ) [email protected] or (386) 496-2561 or Randal Hodges, [email protected] (904) 562-9087. We will be setting up on Saturday January the 4th any help would be greatly appreciated

2. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Woohoo! I plan on going, Im looking for a new jersey giant rooster, Blue, Black, or Splash in color.

3. luckyjoe83

luckyjoe83 New Egg

May 2, 2013
    Lake city, fl
    This sounds like it is going to be a fun weekend let me know what all you need volunteers for I would be glad to help

4. aldren90

aldren90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2010
    Florida
    I'm 15 and this will be my first time showing and I'm sooooooo excited! I'm plan on taking a white Judy lee Cochin hen, a coronation Sussex pullet and a pair of white lee morey call ducks. Any tips and help would be GREATLY appreciated! Sadly this hobby doesn't run in the family so I'm a loner on this experience and could use everything advice wise. Prep would be especially helpful. I've been raising birds and showbirds since I can remember but I definitely need help on the showing side ( since this will be my first time and I'm a little intimidated ).

5. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I'm looking for an black copper maran rooster will anyone have any for sale?

6. sambat

sambat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    Ill be going as well, Mostly to see but would really like to find some LF Cornish that are non hatchery if anyone has any please PM me

7. Gsweet83

Gsweet83 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2013
    Sunny Florida
    Is there a catalog or link to more info for this show?

8. dylan duck man

dylan duck man Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2012
    I plan on going this will be my first time showing to I am bringing a pair of tsq blue fawn call ducks that I got for
    christmas. I am so exited I am only 12,And this is my first time showing.I also have alot of wild ducks,geese,and swans.
    Any help would be good for me too. I am also the only one in my family with this hobby.Also if you need the info on this show how
    I found out was at metzer farms website on the show page it has most of the info on there.GOOD LUCK YALL!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  9. McPhersonFarm

McPhersonFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2013
    Fort White, FL
    What's everyone bringing to sell? I'm interested in polish and silkies. I could bring some Rhodebar chicks, pekin ducklings, rir/welsummer chicks (sale $1.50), black tailed Japanese Bantam, and more I have a list on classifieds in chicks. I won't be bringing unless pre sold and would need to meet Saturday morning.

10. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Any idea how late the show is open on Saturday?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by