2014 March Coop Challenge

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by FluffyPuff, Feb 28, 2014.

1. FluffyPuff

FluffyPuff Chillin' With My Peeps

People on BYC are showing off the coops,runs and tractors they already have. Now I'm challenging BYCers to build a coop, run or tractor THIS MONTH from scratch (not from kits)! Who ever can build the best original coop/run/tractor wins absolutely nothing except pride in knowing that they did a wonderful job in creating a fun place to be with their chickens. I will announce the winner for each category. So vote for your favorites by clicking thumbs up! Can't wait to get started with building my own! There's also a misc. category for those of you who don't know what it is that u built for your chicken but u want to show it off to the world! An example for the misc. category would be a feeder or toy that you made. Hope you guys have a blast on my thread! :)
    Good luck my friends!

2. CrazyChookLady5

CrazyChookLady5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2013
    Australia, NSW
    hi,
    I'm not entering this comp, but I want to tag along and see what people come up with :)

3. UndrcvrPullets

UndrcvrPullets Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2014
    My Coop
    Am I to early? Started mine a week and a half ago and just put the shingles on the roof today.

4. chickkrakidd

chickkrakidd Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2014
    WV
    I'm not getting my chicks until April, but I want to have everything ready& not be too busy on building a coop to spend time with them. So I may give the competition a try. If not, I can at least see other people's designs to kinda help me in designing my own.

5. FluffyPuff

Great! Perfect timing! You can post pictures any time this month!

6. shmeggs

shmeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2013
    this challenge come at the right time. im building a 8x8 coop now. if weather permits hopefully my new coop will be finished in another week.

7. chickkrakidd

chickkrakidd Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2014
    WV
    So I have a question. Since I'm not getting the chicks until about April 21, I don't think I really wanna build my coop this early. In case something comes up& I can't get as many as I plan to get or I can't get any at all. Here's my question: If I draw up plans of my coop, would it still count?

8. ClovisMan

ClovisMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2014
    New Braunfels, TX
    I started 2 weeks ago can I still enter if it will be completed this month?

9. FluffyPuff

It could count! Make sure you include all the little details so the picture will look really good!

10. FluffyPuff

Definitely! If u can post a picture this Month it counts!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by