2014 Stockton, California show.

SilkiesForEver

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 24, 2012
Does anyone know when this will be, and where I can find details? Had a great time last year (though I didn't show) and would love to attend again!

Thanks!

Pacific poultry breeders association puts it on the last weekend of January. Pacificpoultrybreedersassn.com

I was popping in here too to find out about this seasons show. My daughter and I are planning a "getaway" to come down and see/learn/absorb all we can along with a lil shoppin' list for new stock :3
wee.gif

But the website's not updated to this year yet. Anyone know any details of if they're not gonna run it this year or if it's just still being hashed over on the final details and won't be posted until it's absolute?

I hope to be able to attend Chickenstock at Stockton Fair. I have some questions for those who have gone...

Can one buy chicks/adults at the fair and how does one find where to purchase them?
Is there going to be a BYC meet-up at the fair, where and when?
Is there any advice as to how to avoid getting ripped off or on flakey vendors?
If I wanted to buy there and then, will I be able to return home with my "booty?" ;-)

Thanks for any info or insight you can offer- I'm still a newbie at this.

There are many adult chickens available for purchase. There is a specific barn/building set aside for sales. Yes, you can take them home immediately. Best to bring yourself a crate or two, although there may be boxes available for purchase.

There was someone with chicks last year. I don't know that that is typical or if there will be any this year.

The variety of what breeds are available changes year to year.

Bring cash and a cell phone.

If you want specific chickens, it is often possible to arrange with a breeder in advance to bring stock just for you. If you do that, please do make sure that you follow through and don't leave the breeder hanging.

Last edited:
There are many adult chickens available for purchase. There is a specific barn/building set aside for sales. Yes, you can take them home immediately. Best to bring yourself a crate or two, although there may be boxes available for purchase.

There was someone with chicks last year. I don't know that that is typical or if there will be any this year.

The variety of what breeds are available changes year to year.

Bring cash and a cell phone.

If you want specific chickens, it is often possible to arrange with a breeder in advance to bring stock just for you. If you do that, please do make sure that you follow through and don't leave the breeder hanging.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to going to the show!!!

Back
Top Bottom