2016 hatching has begun

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenfancier, Feb 12, 2016.

1. chickenfancier

chickenfancier Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2015
    Hey everyone, my 2016 hatching season has begun here in New Brunswick Canada. I have set 2 dozen barred rock eggs, alittle earlier then normal but wanna get them ready for the fall show season. What does everyone else have in the incubators now ?

2. ekalbach

ekalbach Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2015
    I have 10 cream legbars, 6 black australorp, 6 cuckoo marans and 6 light brahmas. They went in the incubator yesterday.

3. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    I have 13 eggs in lockdown on day 19: 5 Russian Orloff pullet eggs, 3 Orloff/EE, and 5 Orloff/Cream Legbar. I think a few of them were late quitters though, but I left them in anyways.

4. callnofowl

callnofowl New Egg

Apr 30, 2014
    I've got 28 American Gamefowl eggs I'm incubating for a friend. Due to hatch 2/23

5. chickenfancier

chickenfancier Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2015
    I'll be hatching black australorps and light Sussex later in the spring. This is a test run for a new barred rooster a friend of mine and I got around Christmas time.see what kinda chicks he gives hopefully have a couple hens a rooster to keep back as show stock.

6. nwfl

nwfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Northwest Florida
    My first chicken hatch for this year will be barred rocks and blue wheaten Ameraucanas. This is going to be the last year of chicks from 3 old BR hens in with a 2yr old rooster. Really excited about my blue wheaten Ameraucana ladies breeding this year to 2 young completely amazing roosters. The styrobator gets turned on the 26th.

7. callnofowl

callnofowl New Egg

Apr 30, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by