2021 Baby Chicken order/planned list

BleuSaphir

Crowing
11 Years
Oct 24, 2012
Santa Clarita, CA
What breed did you order or planning for the year of 2021?
E40C3855-77EA-42CE-A679-3A74565F1749.png

I placed an order for: Easter Egger, Barred Rock, and Rhode Island Red.
I wish I placed an order for Penedesencas...like originally planned. :he

Other than a plymouth rock, I have all heritage breeds. I'd like to add some production breeds, most likely leghorn and red sex-links to boost my egg numbers. I have some black and blue copper marans that I'd like to breed together and to my blue ameraucana and f1 olive egger as well.
I’ve actually wanted some black sex links...but MyPetChicken does not have it in their catalogue. Kinda wish they did, since Meyer hatchery is also affiliated with them.

I wanted to order from Meyer but they've upped their shipping so now I'm conflicted.
I want to blame the post office. They want to increase their prices more through out the next coming years. The Postal Commission approved recent price hike proposal. But I know they seek to increase more. lol

I’ve got White Bresse and Swedish Hedemora on order for the spring - can’t wait! Also hoping to breed my BCM rooster to my Wheaten Ameraucana hens in the new year to create some F1 Olive Eggers 😊
Olive Eggers are so fun. If I had space to devote, I would surely gotten some!

I have my first chickens ordered for April! I think I got a good variety of friendly, calm breeds for my first backyard flock. One of each of the following: Barred Plymouth Rock, Austrolorp, Easter Egger, Silver Dorking, Cream Legbar, and Bielefelder. :D
That was my priority want as well. Friendly and calm breeds. Classics as well.

I wanted to order from Meyer but they've upped their shipping so now I'm conflicted.
WOW!! They upped it a ton! :eek: I haven’t been on the site in a while. :th but it seems like it’s only for smaller orders and the bigger orders are still the same? But what the heck!! It was already expensive before!! :eek: :th chick prices seem to have gone up too but they do that every year. But the shipping... wow! :th but that said though, the new website is gorgeous and much more efficient! :eek: :love so I guess they gotta pay for that somehow? :confused: 😂

Back
Top Bottom