Ended 2022 BYC Calendar Photo Contest - We Need Your Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
❤❤
20201129_131200.jpg

View attachment 2643564
This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

2022 BYC Calendar Photo Contest
Chickens can be pretty marvelous, they're stunning to look at, with their vibrant feathers and eye-catching combs. For the past 10 years, BYC has been publishing the illustrious 13-month BYC Calendar made up of stunning photos, submitted by our wonderful members, of their chickens posing in all their astounding glory.

How to submit your pictures for consideration for the 2022 BYC Calendar:
  1. Select a HIGH-RESOLUTION picture that is at LEAST 3,000 pixels wide & 2,000 pixels tall that is very clear, clean, and post it to this thread. If you aren't sure of your picture's size, use this: Pictorum Image Analyzer
  2. Since the calendar is printed on 11-inch wide by 8.5-inch tall paper, pictures should be in landscape mode.
The Rules
  1. Photos of chickens only, this is a chicken calendar. ;)
  2. All entries must be submitted/posted to this thread.
  3. Limit of 3 submissions per user, so choose your very best pictures!!
  4. One picture per post, please.
  5. No people in the picture (no faces, fingers, hands, arms, etc.).
  6. Upload/attach your picture to this thread.
  7. No screenshots.
  8. No watermarks, datestamps, text, etc. on the picture.
  9. We want to see the world through your eyes, not through the excessive use of editing tools. However, basic cropping and poop removal is allowed.
  10. By submitting your pictures you agree that you are granting BYC license to edit and use the images in the calendar, promotions, and for other BYC purposes, etc.
  11. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  12. This contest is open to all BYC members.
  13. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  14. Entries will be accepted until TBD 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

Remember, make sure you have a clear high-resolution picture (at LEAST 3,000 pixels wide and 2,000 pixels tall...but higher resolution is better)! Our system will resize your picture when you upload it, so make sure you have/keep the full-sized image if in case your photo is selected.

Here is an image of the 2021 Calendar pictures
View attachment 2637928

We're looking forward to seeing your wonderful picture submissions!!!
woot.gif

A few notes:
  1. We've been known to send a free calendar to those who get their pics chosen...so, it may happen again this year. ;)
  2. Remember, only 3 submissions per member, and make sure you have VERY HIGH-RESOLUTION images that we can use for print!
  3. Regarding copyright & license: We are very conscientious about respecting the copyright of other peeps' work. We want to make sure we have your permission to use the photo for the calendar and for other BYC related uses. You retain ownership of your image and can continue to use it however you want. By submitting your pictures to this thread you are simply granting BYC license to use the images for BYC related purposes.

Regarding contest timing, judging, etc
  1. Entries are entered into a spreadsheet as they are submitted.
  2. Once the contest closes, our team will go through and filter out all the submissions that don't meet the calendar requirements (takes about a week after the deadline for submissions).
  3. Our team will rate all of the pictures that meet the calendar requirements.
  4. Once the pictures are rated, our team will review the top submissions and select the final images that will be printed in the calendar (about a week).
  5. The images go into the design and printing process and arrive at our store (about 3-5 weeks).
  6. We hope to have the calendars in our store by the end of October!

**Deadline for pic submissions is TBD 2021**

Previous Calendar Contests

View attachment 2643564
This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

2022 BYC Calendar Photo Contest
Chickens can be pretty marvelous, they're stunning to look at, with their vibrant feathers and eye-catching combs. For the past 10 years, BYC has been publishing the illustrious 13-month BYC Calendar made up of stunning photos, submitted by our wonderful members, of their chickens posing in all their astounding glory.

How to submit your pictures for consideration for the 2022 BYC Calendar:
  1. Select a HIGH-RESOLUTION picture that is at LEAST 3,000 pixels wide & 2,000 pixels tall that is very clear, clean, and post it to this thread. If you aren't sure of your picture's size, use this: Pictorum Image Analyzer
  2. Since the calendar is printed on 11-inch wide by 8.5-inch tall paper, pictures should be in landscape mode.
The Rules
  1. Photos of chickens only, this is a chicken calendar. ;)
  2. All entries must be submitted/posted to this thread.
  3. Limit of 3 submissions per user, so choose your very best pictures!!
  4. One picture per post, please.
  5. No people in the picture (no faces, fingers, hands, arms, etc.).
  6. Upload/attach your picture to this thread.
  7. No screenshots.
  8. No watermarks, datestamps, text, etc. on the picture.
  9. We want to see the world through your eyes, not through the excessive use of editing tools. However, basic cropping and poop removal is allowed.
  10. By submitting your pictures you agree that you are granting BYC license to edit and use the images in the calendar, promotions, and for other BYC purposes, etc.
  11. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  12. This contest is open to all BYC members.
  13. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  14. Entries will be accepted until TBD 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

Remember, make sure you have a clear high-resolution picture (at LEAST 3,000 pixels wide and 2,000 pixels tall...but higher resolution is better)! Our system will resize your picture when you upload it, so make sure you have/keep the full-sized image if in case your photo is selected.

Here is an image of the 2021 Calendar pictures
View attachment 2637928

We're looking forward to seeing your wonderful picture submissions!!!
woot.gif

A few notes:
  1. We've been known to send a free calendar to those who get their pics chosen...so, it may happen again this year. ;)
  2. Remember, only 3 submissions per member, and make sure you have VERY HIGH-RESOLUTION images that we can use for print!
  3. Regarding copyright & license: We are very conscientious about respecting the copyright of other peeps' work. We want to make sure we have your permission to use the photo for the calendar and for other BYC related uses. You retain ownership of your image and can continue to use it however you want. By submitting your pictures to this thread you are simply granting BYC license to use the images for BYC related purposes.

Regarding contest timing, judging, etc
  1. Entries are entered into a spreadsheet as they are submitted.
  2. Once the contest closes, our team will go through and filter out all the submissions that don't meet the calendar requirements (takes about a week after the deadline for submissions).
  3. Our team will rate all of the pictures that meet the calendar requirements.
  4. Once the pictures are rated, our team will review the top submissions and select the final images that will be printed in the calendar (about a week).
  5. The images go into the design and printing process and arrive at our store (about 3-5 weeks).
  6. We hope to have the calendars in our store by the end of October!

**Deadline for pic submissions is TBD 2021**

Previous Calendar Contests
My Sultan hen Gordita❤️
377E3DE8-30C8-4487-BD5B-CBBFE5A98A29.jpeg

I have been waiting for this moment for a LONG time, and I have been very selective and decisive, so my pal @casportpony would not have to enter 30 separate images onto a spread sheet. (At least I hope).

Entry (chicken) #1: These are all the same chicken, I just have to narrow down the picture that I officially want to enter. (sorry, Queen Casport. (Can I even call you that?)). Anyway, This is my cockerel, Joe. He was hatched out in November, and he is the offspring of a Buckeye rooster and Sapphire Gem Hen. He is scared of basically anything he cannot eat or drink, and he is very noisy because of that.
DSC05206.JPG
DSC05201.JPG
DSC05214.JPG
DSC05241.JPG

Thank you people for getting this far.:frow

I have been waiting for this moment for a LONG time, and I have been very selective and decisive, so my pal @casportpony would not have to enter 30 separate images onto a spread sheet. (At least I hope).

Entry (chicken) #1: These are all the same chicken, I just have to narrow down the picture that I officially want to enter. (sorry, Queen Casport. (Can I even call you that?)). Anyway, This is my cockerel, Joe. He was hatched out in November, and he is the offspring of a Buckeye rooster and Sapphire Gem Hen. He is scared of basically anything he cannot eat or drink, and he is very noisy because of that.
View attachment 2656187View attachment 2656221View attachment 2656222View attachment 2656193

Thank you people for getting this far.:frow
I think by 3 submissions he means 3 photos as well :p
So choose your very best pictures!!! Make sure to also put each seperate one in a different post, I assume it's so it can be easier to rate. Good luck!

I am aware of this,
I think by 3 submissions he means 3 photos as well :p
So choose your very best pictures!!! Make sure to also put each seperate one in a different post, I assume it's so it can be easier to rate. Good luck!
I am aware of this, which is why I said chicken. Because I know that I am going to choose one of those pictures to officially enter. Then I am going to choose 2 different pictures that are not any of the 4 that I showed above.

I am aware of this,

I am aware of this, which is why I said chicken. Because I know that I am going to choose one of those pictures to officially enter. Then I am going to choose 2 different pictures that are not any of the 4 that I showed above.
We would prefer that you post only the pictures that you wish to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom