Ended 2022 Chicken Gift-Ideas Giveaway - Over $500 In Gifts Up To $35 Each!

Pics
I have a digital scale, but this guy is SO adorable! Since my eggs are all different sizes, I have to cook by weight.

The Incredible Egg Scale https://a.co/aFbtKMD
Screenshot_20221204-040559_Amazon Shopping.jpg

TL;DR: Subscribe to this thread and come here EVERY DAY to post a link to a poultry & livestock-related product from Amazon or TSC, and you could win one of 15 gifts up to $35 in value!!

View attachment 3312007

Hi Peeps!! :frow

This was SUPER fun last year, so we're doing it again! A Tractor Supply Company (TSC) and Amazon chicken gift idea giveaway!

We're getting close to that time of year when many of us will be thinking about gifts for our loved ones... well, if there's one thing we've learned over the years, is that many of us LOVE our chickens! So, why not include them in the list of gift recipients? :D

Our goal is to find out which gifts available through TSC and Amazon would be most fun and popular in 2023. Not only will this process help our community discover fun chicken gifts, but it helps us too as BYC gets a tiny % of each sale made through links to TSC and Amazon. (Note, this does NOT increase the price of the items... it just gives BYC a few pennies for referring you to their sites).

Prizes:
15 peeps
will each receive their choice of any of the prizes listed below!

TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
  1. Search for a product/item at TSC or Amazon that you have purchased or would like to purchase as a gift for your flock or favorite chicken (adding a picture would be great too ;) ).
  2. Copy the link to the item and then reply to this thread with a link to the product and a quick sentence on why you like it, why you think it would be great for your flock, etc.
  3. Come back every day to post a new item! LIMIT: One link per reply, and one submission per day, per user.
  4. Check out other people's posts, and "like" or "love" the ones that you think are items you would also want to get someday.
  5. We'll finish accepting submissions at the end-of-day 12/26 (Pacific Time).
  6. We'll be randomly choosing from the replies (using www.random.org). See the winner-choosing schedule below!
Every 7 days we're going to pick 2 random winners from all the previous posts up until that moment.

Winners Chosen These Days:
IMPORTANT: The sooner you post, and the more often you post (one submission per day) the higher your chances are of winning!

NOTE: You must be 18 or older to enter. All BYC rules apply! No purchase is necessary. This giveaway is void where prohibited. BYC Store shipped items limited to the continental US.

Here's an example of a submission:

I'd love to get this chicken run from TSC. I've been having more and more issues with predators during the day, so having additional protected run space would be excellent:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/producers-pride-universal-poultry-pen-8-ft-x-8-ft-cr0808?cm_vc=-10005

1633022159657.png

Come back EVERY DAY to post, like, and have fun! Good luck!!! :thumbsup

Oh, and check out the list of ideas sorted by the number of "reactions": HERE!

We're looking forward to seeing your ideas!!! :wee
Purina Company is offering FREE metal coop signs. They come 3 to a pack, 3 different packs to pick from. Go to purinacoopsigns.com, fill out the easy form and attach copy of your feed receipt (can be any feed, not just layer). I received them in 2 weeks, free shipping too!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-04-07-34-13.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-04-07-34-13.png
    227.4 KB · Views: 5
In my dream world, I'd have these going from the back door all the way to the coop

HeatTrak Heated Snow Melting Mats for Walkways - Heated Outdoor Mats - Snow Melting Mats for Winter Snow Removal - Trusted Snow and Ice Melt Products - No-Slip Sidewalk Heating Mats (30” x 30") https://a.co/d/6PHdpf0
Screenshot_20221204-080236_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry this is a bit wordy, but for those that have intense winter arthritis pain, I wanted to share a tidbit of info, one of the numerous things I do that does help.

Nothing is going to keep me from caring for & tending to my flock.
I layer my winter wear, because often the mornings may be below freezing, then as I do chores & the temperatures gradually warm with the sunshine, I can remove some of the layers to avoid sweating, then add layers back when the sun goes down & temperatures drop fast. My favorite item is this Carhartt men's insulated zip hoodie, I wear this daily. If I get too warm I will remove inner layers then put this back on, as it covers where I tend to ache most, lower back & hip joints. I order a men's medium, which completely covers my hips, lower back & butt, & that sensitive sciatic nerve that shoots down the thigh. For those of us having arthritis, pelvic, sacroiliac, sciatic & L5 pain, keeping that area covered, especially on a cold windy day, makes a huge difference. Order a larger size for yourself so it can accommodate the layers...long underwear, turtleneck, sweatshirt & double socks...you'll love how effective this will be for doing your winter chores. They also have Tall sizes (for those bigger than me at 5', plus the relaxed fit is 2" longer).

Men's Lined Full-Zip Hooded Sweatshirt,
Carhartt Men's Lined Full-Zip Hooded Sweatshirt https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/carhartt-mens-lined-full-zip-hooded-sweatshirt-103312

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom