21 Days and still nothing...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bkbingham, Nov 25, 2008.

1. bkbingham

bkbingham Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2008
    Bunkerville, NV
    Tonight the count down went to o days and still nothing...When I candled at 11-12 days I saw movement in all three...at 18 days I could not see through it anymore and was dark. the only thing i could see was the air pocket on all three at the big end of egg. I hope they are late bloomers...

My family first time with bator and hatching expierence. My four kids are so eggcited...

I hope in the morning we will have a pip or two...is it normal to go 22 0r 23 days?

these are the moms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the bator earlier today:

[​IMG]

2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    It is normal to go an extra day or so. The chicks just need to be ready. The heat may have been slightly off or a blip in the electricity or other things that may have slowed the development just a tad bit. My ducks hatched 2 days late under a broody hen. They are doing great so no big deal...

WELCOME by the way!!!

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    No offense, that incubator is supposed to be pretty idiot-proof. But yes it is possible to go over 21 days, especially if there were problems with the temps. I don't think there would be with that incubator, but you never know. I had an egg go as long as day 25 before I killed it [​IMG]
    Don't throw them out or open them, whatever, until at least day 24 I would say. Have you seen them moving at all?

4. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    One question I have is what time of day did you put the eggs in the incubator? If you set them in the evening, then the day you set them would have been counted as '0', so maybe that's the problem?

ETA: [​IMG]

And I love that bator!! I was thinking of getting one for my DS, but they are too expensive for me!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  5. bkbingham

Jun 1, 2008
    Bunkerville, NV
    I see little movement but not sure if it is the fan on the inside doing it...I know this thing is idiot prof..that is why I am concerned..I did put them in the bator on day 21 in the evening..

So I guess we will see what happens tomorrow...Dang who would of thought I would be attached to three little eggs...

This is crazy....[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  6. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Just be glad you can only hatch 3 at a time! Let me know when you're ready to upgrade and I'll gladly take that baby off your hands! [​IMG]

I wouldn't be surprised if you had babies in the morning! [​IMG]

7. bkbingham

Jun 1, 2008
    Bunkerville, NV
    ok so there is constant movement in the middle egg..no pip yet but i am positive i heard a little peep. The other two no movement yet...man..going to 22 days tonight.

if the middle one dosnt pip soon do i do anything?

8. bkbingham

Jun 1, 2008
    Bunkerville, NV
    OK i can hear it chirping like crazy but not pip yet...this is driving me crazy...i Know don't intervene but its going to be hard if it doesn't pip soon.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Sit on your hands!!!!!!!!!!! It will probly be OK, you have the right bator.
    Keep out.
    Now the fun begins!!

10. bkbingham

Jun 1, 2008
    Bunkerville, NV
    When they do Hatch...how long do I leave them in the bator?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by