21 days they are hatching pics included Update

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sheila3935, Oct 9, 2010.

1. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    My first egg hatched [​IMG] she started pipping at about 9 last night and just got free from her egg a few minutes ago. She is moving and peeping like crazy. 22 more to go and I have to be at work at 7 [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  2. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Call in sick!

3. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    ABSOLUTELY CALL IN SICK!!!!! If you need a reason, tell them you're SICK of missing the most important things in life and you're taking a mental health day! If that is a little too truthful, you could go with: "I have to stay home and clean ALL my guns today....that's what the voices in my head TOLD me to do....." Of course there's the classic: "My husband/wife and I had a huge fight this morning and I can't wait to get to work so I can call my lawyer and start divorce proceedings, and on top of that my [email protected]#n Prosac prescription ran out two days ago too."

MMMMUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA! (evil laugh)

Seriously, don't miss this miracle of birth today....it's something you'll never forget!

4. Congrats on your new baby! Did you call in sick? If not hope you have a lot of babies when you get home.[​IMG]

5. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG]

I may have to try some of those.

Good luck with you hatch, Shelia! Keep us updated.

6. sheila3935

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    No I went to work and called home constantly. So far we have 5 hatched 7 pipped. 11 more to go. Here is a pic of some of them. They are my first hatch and are RIR's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. sheila3935

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Just checked on the incubator out of 23 eggs I set all are hatched right now but 9 and 2 are pipped. so far 14 babies. they are all doing great. Running around and peeping. Cant believe with my first real hatch how good everything is going. I think though that this is enough of hatching for at least a little while too stressful [​IMG]

8. Quote:That is great congrats on the babies, can't wait for mine. [​IMG] Oh and what beautiful babies you have.

9. sheila3935

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Thank you. So far we have 19. 4 eggs still left. 2 were shrink wrapped this morning when my humidity dropped. Helped them out and they are doing good. I really thought one was going to die cause she started to bleed. But they are both running around in the incubator. I have 14 in the brooder eating drinking. The other 5 are still in the bator. Will transfer them tomorrow

10. sheila3935

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    This morning is day 23 we have 19 hatched and 2 more pipped this morning. All fuzzy butts are doing good. will post more pics later

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by