21 weeks and waiting -UPDATE...Not waiting anymore!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by colada584, Sep 6, 2010.

1. colada584

colada584 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Gardiner, NY
    I have 6 chickens who are all 21 weeks old and none are laying yet. They are Easter Eggers, Barred Rocks and Silver Laved Wyandottes. I will keep on waiting, and waiting, and waiting. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hopefully, it shouldn't be to much longer. [​IMG]

3. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I know it's agony. Mine were about that age when I got my first egg, last Sunday. Since then two more are laying. Hang in there. I was going nuts with the waiting too but once it happened, they just kept coming.[​IMG] BTW, my SLW was my first layer.

4. HathawayHens

HathawayHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    When did yours hatch? We have four from Apr. 5th... still no eggs! 2 EE's, a RIR, and a BO. [​IMG] Waiting blows!

5. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I got them from a local feed store but as near as I can figure they hatched 3/31. I still have two from that group of hatchmates that aren't laying yet. Watch for the squat. They stop dead in their tracks and squat with their wings slightly out when you approach them. When they do that you will have eggs within a week. I read that here and it is true. The first egg I got was not preceded by the egg song. I heard that for the first time this weekend. It will happen.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  6. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    Waiting is hard...trust me I'm not a patient person ...lol.

My leghorns started at about 19 wks. (My chickies are about 25 wks) and then the Production red, the Austrolorp, the White Rock and just yesterday the one EE laid a pretty blue egg!!!

Still have a Barred rock and another EE that are being stubborn! Dang chickens....

It's soon...promise...soon... [​IMG]

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, isn't the suspense just killing you?! When I was waiting for my very first eggs, I felt like a kid running to the mail box, just waiting for that special package.......I think that's part of the fun......

It won't be long! Especially with Easter Eggers...it's so much fun to see the color of their eggs......

Hang in there![​IMG]

8. Bill D

Bill D Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2010
    Fayetteville NC
    My hens are from 18 - 22 weeks old and I have a few that just started laying over the past week or so. My EE is 18 weeks and she just started (have gotten 3 eggs from her). I hve some Buff Orphingtons that I dont think are laying yet and they are 22 weeks. I did see the "squat" as well before they started laying - makes them easier to catch out of the pen!

9. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:I have 4 from April 4th and I'm still waiting too! [​IMG]

10. colada584

colada584 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Gardiner, NY
    Mine all hatched April 12th. I'm going to spend the day with them and teach them how to squat lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by