22 days incubation... could use some advice

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sweetychick, Oct 15, 2012.

1. sweetychick

sweetychick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2012
    first time hatching... homemade incubator started with 2 eggs to test the incubator one quitter at about 15 days.. the other one has made it to 22 days small air cell no pipping but candled today and do have movement it appears to be real close to the air cell but the air cell is still on the small side...did the hole lockdown thing on day 18, but candled today kinda thought we had lost it.. actually surprised to see movement... will she hatch or is the air cell being too small gonna be a problem should i keep the humidity up or lower it due to small air cell not sure where to go from here

2. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    It is to late to try and shrink the air cell down. Keep the humidity up so it doesn't shrink wrap. Has it internally pipped yet? Good luck and post a picture when it hatches.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  3. sweetychick

sweetychick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2012
    no I didnt see any internal pipping but she is very close to the air cell..and I will post a pic.. if all goes well and hoping that it does... thanks for the advice

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by