1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

228,000 Eggs Recalled 11.9.10

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by usschicago1, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Once again I am happy to have my own chickens.

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:me too, actually this actually works in the poultry worlds favor, hopefully more people will get poultry now!

3. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:Same here, this is getting outta hand...

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

x2 Tocks x2... better call MIL since Texas is one of the eight states effected.

I'm looking more and more sane every day... whoda thunkit?

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Good grief!

6. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:I think we need to look harder at whos inspecting the eggs, they should increase the eggs tested i guess? yikes!

7. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Thank goodness we haven't bought ANY eggs since our birds began laying! [​IMG] Food independence (I can't believe I'm about to use an internete term) FTW!

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Remember the last one though... it wasn't until AFTER people got sick that the FDA finally got around to inspecting the place... the 8' tall pile of manure really capped it for me... really you didn't notice that at all? [​IMG]

As long as no one is getting sick they don't inspect the big boys... not at all the same thing as small farms... those can go 30+ years with not a single person EVER getting sick and they'll swarm in in SWAT gear and tear you apart... just because they can.

9. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    frankly surprised it doesn't happen more often and with more of our food. It's strictly big biz making a buck as cheaply as possible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by