23 day old eggs

Valentin

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2020
Hi I have these 23 day old eggs sitting under a broody hen none have hatch yet so that is why I am worried I candle them today but didn’t see movement I could see the dark part of the egg move away from the light but I didn’t know if that was just the light that red stuff just below the dark part of the egg seemed to move away from the light as I turned it I didn’t know if that was movement
4F83A297-1728-4E63-8D62-245DF9653229.jpeg

Hi I have these 23 day old eggs sitting under a broody hen none have hatch yet so that is why I am worried I candle them today but didn’t see movement I could see the dark part of the egg move away from the light but I didn’t know if that was just the light that red stuff just below the dark part of the egg seemed to move away from the light as I turned it I didn’t know if that was movement View attachment 2697005
dead

I agree with others that is doesn't sound promising. Does it smell off? Sloshing is a definite sign that it has quit. If it doesn't smell you can always leave it under the broody another day but in my experience unless you have a winter season broody, they don't usually have late hatches in summer.

I agree with others that is doesn't sound promising. Does it smell off? Sloshing is a definite sign that it has quit. If it doesn't smell you can always leave it under the broody another day but in my experience unless you have a winter season broody, they don't usually have late hatches in summer.
That egg pop it kinda sounded like a gun shot so I look at it and there was another fully formed chick in there the egg had smelled bad though

Sorry you had a bomber it means the baby has been decomposing for a while and it builds up and then it boom smelly really smelly I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom