23 week EE in nest, cross your fingers for blue!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PaintedMeadows, Nov 20, 2008.

1. PaintedMeadows

PaintedMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    Well, my Hermione is in the nesting box for the first time and I am praying for blue or green versus pink or brown. Please cross your fingers for me!! She is taking her sweet time about it so it must be a good one!! I hope she is done soon. The suspense is killing me! Go Hermione! [​IMG]

2. Lee

Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    Yes, I, too, am waiting for my Silver Ameraucana, Pearl, to lay. For the past 2 days she has been inspecting the nests. Hopefully she will find one that is to her liking. [​IMG]

3. PaintedMeadows

PaintedMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    St. Isidore
    Wahoo!! She laid a pretty blue green egg and it is big! Yay Hermione!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I think we have 8 of 12 hens laying now! 2 black australorps, 1 EE and 5 buff orps. That leaves an EE, a dark brahma and 2 buff orps and they are all 23 weeks old. Yippee!! Good luck with your ameraucana Lee!! I hope she lays for you real soon.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

[​IMG] Yay!!! [​IMG]

I wish my EE's would get on with it!! LOL I will be hoping for blue or green, pink would be ok, but I would REALLY want the blue or green!!

5. bearcat73

bearcat73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Southwest Ohio
    YAY!! Congrats!

I'm impatiently waiting for my 25 week old EE to start laying. I keep putting her in the nest hoping that she gets the hint. LOL

6. Lee

Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    I say I have 2 EE's. Carmella is defeiniely an EE, she lays a pretty mint green egg and she started out laying them large. The other EE, Pearl, the Silver Ameraucana has yet to fulfill what her former owner said about her laying a blue egg. So for now she is the other EE. What can I say? [​IMG]

7. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    Could you post a pic of the comb of your EE egg layers. Mine are 19 weeks tomorrow and they are starting to check out the nesting boxes. Thier combs are still pretty small and pale....hmmm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by