23 Week Old English Orpingtons - what am I doing wrong?

Apr 14, 2021
Central NJ
I read that about 20 weeks they begin laying. All of our hens are new, purchased as chicks in April at slightly various ages. Our Cali White and Amberlink have begun laying like clockwork at about 10am. The 3 English Orps have not begun laying yet (I think there was one giant double yolk egg last week from one but not sure).

This week they will be about 24 weeks old. Is there anything I can do to "help" them feel more comfortable.? Or is this an example of me needing to mind my own business haha

I do tend to meddle so I also don't want to be a helicopter chicken mom.

I read that about 20 weeks they begin laying. All of our hens are new, purchased as chicks in April at slightly various ages. Our Cali White and Amberlink have begun laying like clockwork at about 10am. The 3 English Orps have not begun laying yet (I think there was one giant double yolk egg last week from one but not sure).

This week they will be about 24 weeks old. Is there anything I can do to "help" them feel more comfortable.? Or is this an example of me needing to mind my own business haha

I do tend to meddle so I also don't want to be a helicopter chicken mom.
There is no guarantee as to when they’ll lay. One of my (SS) hens didn’t start laying until after 9 months!🤦🏽‍♀️🤣 They should start soon though.

Back
Top Bottom