2362N pilot light? help from people who use this, please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by taraann81, Apr 15, 2009.

1. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Hi I just picked up my incubator and am trying to set it up. It is a hova-bator 2362N The instructions are horrible. Their is a pilot light on top but it is not lit. What does this mean? Is it suppose to be lit or does it light when it gets to a certain temp?

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  3. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Thanks for the fast reply! So I just plugged it in it is not suppose to be lit right now? I can't believe how horrible the instructions are it labels the pilot light and then explains nothing about it!

4. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    I would think so. Do you have a thermometer inside the bator rt now?

5. michiganlarry

michiganlarry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Marine City, Michigan
    The hovabator we are using, although a different model, the light on top is on when it is heating.

6. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Quote:Correct, same as my 2362. When it reaches the temp you have it set at, then the red light will shut off.

7. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Thanks guys, I got it to lite now apparently I tightened The wafer too tightly, when I loosened it it popped on. I tried to look at the instructions u had a link too but my super slow dial up was taking forever, my instructions are 1 sheet front and back. How long will it take to get the temp stabilized? So I can adjust it if need be. Also the instructions say that humidity is unimportant until hatch. Is this true? From What I read it seems people think it is important for duck eggs. What is the proper humidity for Muscovy duck eggs? Also if anybody else uses this model how many of the troughs do u fill to get the proper humidity?
    Thanks so much for all ur help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by