1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

24+ 100% Lavender Project Orpington Eggs....NO splits!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Tony, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Songster

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Eggs will ship out Thursday June 24th. I accept Paypal.
    These eggs are out of my 2 coops of 100% lavender birds, NO splits.
    Thanks, Tony
    [​IMG]

2. SouthernChick

SouthernChick Chirping

Nov 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Where did your Levenders come from?

3. Tony

Tony Songster

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    SouthernChick, mine came from the same source as EVERYONE else`s in the US. They`re from......[​IMG] Hinkjc Line. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SouthernChick

SouthernChick Chirping

Nov 12, 2009
    Ohio
    [​IMG] EXCELLENT LINE. Will you be offering these again? I am very interested but my incubators are full, but will be empty 7/2, thanks

5. Lensters

Lensters Songster

May 14, 2009
    Adair Village, OR
    Quote:There are a couple of others working on their own lines, but the Hinkjc line is by far the most prevalent. People will want to be careful because she got some of her Jubilee project birds mixed in with her Lav Orps and has the mottling gene mixed in. Looks like your birds are old enough that you are probably in the clear but you might want to ask.

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Crowing Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Quote:People will want to be careful because she got some of her Jubilee project birds mixed in with her Lav Orps and has the mottling gene mixed in. Looks like your birds are old enough that you are probably in the clear but you might want to ask.

That's an incorrect statement about my line. My jubilee's were not even in progress when I was developing my lavender line. My lav and jubilee lines are NOT crossed. They are completely two separate projects, which are unrelated. The "mottling" identified early in the lav project was not due to any mixing of lines here. It was due to the unknown heritage of the lav bird which started my project. At this time, my lav line is clean of any mottling, as we culled for this throwback from the initial breedings. Although folks who got early birds may still see it if they haven't culled for it.

Tony, I apologize for taking this off topic. Good luck with your sales. Your babies are so cute!

7. Lensters

Lensters Songster

May 14, 2009
    Adair Village, OR
    Quote:People will want to be careful because she got some of her Jubilee project birds mixed in with her Lav Orps and has the mottling gene mixed in. Looks like your birds are old enough that you are probably in the clear but you might want to ask.

That's an incorrect statement about my line. My jubilee's were not even in progress when I was developing my lavender line. My lav and jubilee lines are NOT crossed. They are completely two separate projects, which are unrelated. The "mottling" identified early in the lav project was not due to any mixing of lines here. It was due to the unknown heritage of the lav bird which started my project. At this time, my lav line is clean of any mottling, as we culled for this throwback from the initial breedings. Although folks who got early birds may still see it if they haven't culled for it.

Tony, I apologize for taking this off topic. Good luck with your sales. Your babies are so cute!

Sorry, I made an assumption of how the mottled gene got in based on what I read in the Lav Orp thread and what the people who sold me your line of birds said (both are seeing mottled birds). They are very nice birds. So nice, that in this instance I will be keeping the birds and back culling as well.

8. Tony

Tony Songster

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Thanks Jody, I`m glad you saw this thread and were able to clear things up, I had NO clue what to respond. [​IMG]

9. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Go wthchristi Go wthchristi Go wthchristi Go wthchristi Go wthchristi Go wthchristi [​IMG]

You know you NEED them.

I would SO be bidding seriously if it were later in the year

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by