24/24 detached air cells, let's see how this goes!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SarahIrl, Mar 16, 2012.

1. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    I'm joining in Mahonri's Easter hatch, and I ordered 24 lovely rare brahma eggs. Rare in the fact that I cannot get these colours from people near me, and if I could I would want a seperate breeding line anyway. So, 8 each of Lemon Pyle, Darks and Pearl Partridge. Candled on arrival and every one of them has a detached air cell. This will be my incubating diary for most days on the progress with a few candling shots thrown in for good measure. I tend to candle every three days during incubation from day 4 to day 17. So, expect a few pics on those days. Setting tomorrow 17/03/2012.

Wish me luck!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  2. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Good luck for your hatch. I received some very special eggs Wednesday and all the air cells were loose. But I went ahead and set 6 under a broodie and the rest in the bator. It will be very interesting on how your hatch does. Can't wait for your updates.

3. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    Good Luck. I bought some duck eggs, and all came with detached air cells too. They are developing fine. I even think one or two are twins :D So I'll see how that goes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by