24 BBS TEST Bearded Silkie eggs - Catdance Silkies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kelar, Jul 4, 2011.

1. kelar

kelar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    These eggs are from a recent BBS pen I've set up. I just had a splash roo in with the girls for a while and fertility was pretty low, but I've now added a very nice blue cockerel and hope I'm getting more fertile eggs. I really hate to throw these away - the chicks I've hatched from this pen have been just gorgeous. You could hatch blue, black or splash and some of my best black, blue and splash show hens are in this pen. Anyone want to take a chance and give these a try? I'll ship priority on Thursday, July 7th and the eggs should arrive by Saturday. The flock is NPIP certified and AI tested clean. I do pack eggs extremely well and my customers are reporting good success. A lot of my customers are returning for more eggs, which makes me very happy:) I cannot guarantee your hatch rate, but I will do everything in my power to get your eggs to you in good shape. Please be prepared to pay via paypal at auction's end - no e-checks please as they take too long to clear. Paypal to [email protected]. You can see more of my silkies at http://www.catdancesilkies.com. (Sorry, I didn't hae time to change photos for this auction, but you can get an idea of the quality of the birds I'm raising).

I have a lot of silkies for sale right now, so please contact me if you are looking for something. PLEASE - serious inquiries only as it takes a lot of time to get birds photographed and I have very little spare time right now. I can ship, but only if the weather allows (it is too hot here right now). Pick up is welcome. Thank you for understanding.

Best of Breed, White pullet 12/09

[​IMG]

Best of Breed, Splash pullet, PNPA show, April 2010
    [​IMG]

Reserve of Breed, Black pullet, 12/09

[​IMG]

Best Variety, Partridge pullet, PNPA show, April 2010

[​IMG]

Some of the youngsters:

Porcelain pair now owned by Kate in Maryland:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This young lady pictured below went on to place BV in her class at the tender age of 6 months at the PNPA show in April 2010.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The same chick as pictured above - a young man now. Congratulations to Jen in Oregon on her purchase of this beautiful cockerel:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hatched by Three Cedars Silkies in Florida:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hatched by Jen in Ohio

[​IMG]

Hatched by Christine in Oregon:

[​IMG]

Teenagers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The partridge cockerel pictured below was purchased by Michelle at Reese Poultry who showed him to a 2nd place at the Ohio nationals! Way to go Michelle:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A stunning white cockerel hatched in March - watch for him at the shows!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. aChickted

aChickted Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Washington
    Could you have any available to ship between Monday and Wednesday of next week within the state?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  3. kelar

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    Yes, I'm continuing to get eggs from this pen & would just like to hear back about fertility rate & hatch results. PM or email if interested.

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    OMG sooo tempting!

5. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I'd try, if it wasn't a thursday shipment. It takes 3 days to get to me. !! [​IMG]

6. myraptor

myraptor Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Alberta, Va
    Are these bantams?

7. kelar

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    The Silkie is a true bantam and weighs about 2 lbs full grown. I believe there is a LF silkie in Europe, but as far as I know, there are none in the US.

8. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    OH man, I would love to have some, bid is to high for me.. Good luck to you.....

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by