24 boiled eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Dec 24, 2011.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Good morning! I am about to embark on peeling the 24 boiled ducks for those Christmas deviled eggs. Just wanted to say thanks for the peeling tips and Merry Christmas! The deviled eggs normally go really fast at our family gatherings. I will be curious to see if these, big fresh eggs go as fast as normal - or faster after they eat one! [​IMG]

2. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    I have never had a duck egg, but I am going to peel 24 chicken eggs today too! Plunk inf ront of the TV and just veg. [​IMG]

May your peelings be whole and easy![​IMG]

3. newbyduckmom

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Ended up with 33 deviled eggs. Peeling success C, taste A-

At least the husband, and I have no problems getting ride of the production rejects! I think he's secretly hoping the family won't eat the duck eggs so he can have them all!

Hope you had a higher success rate, clariabean! Next time I get the steamer.....

4. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Are you telling the people these are duck eggs up front, or springing it on them after they eat some? [​IMG]

5. newbyduckmom

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    They are deviled eggs....until they are gone. Then they are duck eggs and Merry Christmas to you all!~ [​IMG] I am honestly waiting to hear how wonderful they are given they taste so much better than the 2 month old chicken eggs from the store. But we will see!

6. ajlynco

ajlynco Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Reno, NV.
    What was the peeling tip that started this thread? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by